Florinef Discontinued++++++++++++++++++

friday

All I've ever taken is the generic so I can't compair it to the name brand...but I've taken it for almost 3 yrs. now and from what I can gather it works the same. Pharm. companies often do this with drugs when there are a lot of generics available b/c it gets to expensive for them to compete...same thing happened with my b/c pill. It ***** trying something new...I'm leary of generics too. Hope everyone is okay with the change. Perhaps another company will pick it up and start producing it...that happens sometimes too.

I'd imagine that they probably just decided not to go for their patent again, and I doubt they'd do it if it was performing better than the generics, otherwise the $$$ would likely be worth it.

I only ever tried the generic, too. Since it's prescribed for other illnesses, I wouldn't worry about it disappearing altogether.

That's interesting - my Fludrocortisone tablets (in the UK) are sold under the brand-name "Florinef" but they are made by Bristol-Myers Squibb in France!

In the UK doctors prescribing under the NHS (almost all prescriptions) have to write generic drug names and are only allowed to prescribe brand-names of certain drugs. This means that the pharmacist can supply which ever generic they stock and often means that my prescriptions are different brands each time - hasn't seemed to cause me any problems in general so far.

Flop

I too have only taken the generic form and have had no problems. It is such a widely used medication that I can't see them stopping it all together. Hopefully those with very sensitive issues to medication ( like myself most times) can find a generic that works for them.

I had that problem with the midodrine. When I switched insurance companies my new company wouldn't pay for the brand name. Most of the generic midodrine tablets I had problems with until my pharmacy finally found one that didn't bother me. He now orders only that generic brand for me and keeps it in stock since he knows I will always be getting more it has never been an issue. Maybe for those that are sensitive to the generic Florinef can find a pharmacy to work with them like mine does.