Melissa Update (friday 8/24)

Em, I hope that Melissa will be reading all this stuff soon--my new printer is supposed to arrive tomorrow. The one I have now sure picked a crummy time to give out!

Thanks for the update--I'd been meaning to call Melissa's mom. Nina

Yay! my printer came today--I'll be printing out this thread, the other on the main page and the song on chit chat tomorrow...

Last call! B)

Nina

thank you all so much for all the good thoughts & prayers. i'll try for a more thorough update in the next few days but wanted to at least say hi & let you know i'm up to some computer time a l'hopital. (and to let nina know that she can save her printer ink/ stamps! B) ) i'm going to start on an update now but not sure if i'll get it written in one swoop so wanted to at least say a great big thank you rather than waiting to finish the lengthier post.

love to all from the fighting fishbowl,

B) melissa

thanks folks...longer update isn't happening tonight so thought i'd give a super short update re: some plans in hospital land for tomorrow to ask for specific prayer/ good thoughts. i'm having a port-a-cath put in tomorrow b/c i no longer have any PICC line access possibility (5 tries over 2 hours yesterday but too much scar tissue from the number of lines i've already had...it was not pleasant to say the least and i've been deemed to officially no longer have central line access via my arms).

so....prayers/ good thoughts that the surgery gets the access i need for my ongoing nutrition/ hydration/ antibiotic needs would be much appreciated. i have a triple lumen central line in my jugular vein at the moment (neck) but that can't be used for more than a month, and generally not out of a hospital setting.

B) melissa

Shazaam!!

Came here to check for updates and was pleasantly suprised to SEE your name posting here.

Will be sending thoughts and prayers that you are well and doctors have done a good job. Sorry about the two hour of sticking.

This is not fish pics but it's a 12 HOURS old moose and it's mom in Alaska. A friend of a friend of my sister's woke up to this moose giving birth next to their driveway. From a few weeks ago.

B)

Your spirit still shines here in spite of your challenges, Melissa!

moose6.jpg

moose7.jpg

melissa so very glad to see you post on here... thought and prayers will be with you tomorrow.. good luck and god bless....

much ove and many hugs :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:B)

linda

ps..sophia..i totally love the moose pics.. that baby is adorable!and those ears! B)

Yahooo! so great to see the realdeal fishy here. Hey, now I don't have to give myself a crash course in how to use my new all-in-one thing by tomorrow. BTW, I can't sleep...I'd kill for some ambien right now. Okay, nuf about me. Sorry you're veins and arteries are so road weary. I hope the port works out for you well.

B) Nina

cgan924l.jpg

Welcome back, sweet pea!

Carmen

PS- I've written the melody to your song and tweaked the lyric a little- I'm going to present it to my songwriters' group this week B) I'll get it online as soon as I can :wub:

Hello Melissa, It is good to "see" you on here. I'm glad you're able to connect with us even from the hospital. Don't worry about being too tired to post a long update. Get the rest you need, little fish.

I'm so sorry to hear about the 2 hour sticking process. Ouch. I will certainly be praying for you today as you have your surgery for the port-a-cath.

Love,

Rachel

Hi Melissa,

I'm so glad that you were feeling up to a little computer time. Don't over-do things trying to write an essay for us just yet, I know we all like to read your postings but a few words at the moment means so much - we can wait until you are able to write more.

The PICC marathon attempt does NOT sound like fun B) ouch!!! Hopefully the port-a-cath will go in much more easily and give you the necessary access for all your IV stuff. Once the wounds have healed - no more sticky dressings on a PICC site, it has got to be a plus that the whole thing is under the skin!

Anyway, all the best for the procedure - love, hugs and prayers heading your way right now.

Take care,

Flop

'Melissa on morphine' update! haha!

Melissa somehow managed to pick up the phone tonight around 9 and leave me a voice message--I think I must have been in the bath when she called?

Anyways, she had surgery around 9 this morning and she called to tell me that she thought I would enjoy a message from her since I think she is so funny on morphine. Which she is. But, I don't like it b/c it means she's in pain.

She is so super duper drugged and on something else on top of the morphine which I have no clue what she said.

I was laughing out loud at her message because she is so loopy. And she knew it.

So, it sounds like surgery went fine, but she's in incredibly pain.

The plan as of yesterday was to put in a port a cath and have a 'double' one. The only issue was whether the hospital had a double one in stock, but since she had the surgery this morning I am assuming they did.

That's all folks!

I'm loopy myself as we have a nine year old neighbor girl sleeping over here tonight. I'm soooo tired! LOL!

I love the pics you all have posted--esp. Sophia's gorgeous pictures.

Thanks all!!

Goodnight,

Emily

Emily,

Thanks for the update!

Melissa,

I am still praying praying praying!! You are such an encouragement to us all.

Much love!

Lisa

Melissa,

I am still praying for you and thinking of you.

Love,

Lisa