What Are Your Favorite Articles On Pots?

yogini

I'm looking for articles summarizing POTS to give to my therapist (and also to add to my own collection of articles). I've done some internet searches and looked at some of the articles listed on Dinet, NDRF. I may wind up using some of those, but a lot of them are very technical and also specific to certain aspects of POTS (as opposed to being a general overview of the condition and its symptoms). I would like to add at least one or two that are more user-friendly and not too long.

Also, Nina, is there any way to get a copy of the old Dinet brochure?

Thanks!

Rita,

have you got a copy of Dr Grubb's article "The Postural Tachycardia Syndrome: A Conscise Guide to Diagnosis and Management" it's very good but it is quite medical.

There is also an article called "Excessive heart rate response to orthostatic stress in postural tachycardia syndrome is not caused by anxiety" - that one might be particularly relevant for your therapist. I don't have the exact detail with me at the moment but if you want me to send you a copy of the abstract just send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you. (with out the journal name or the author's name you might have a hard time finding it on the internet yourself).

Flop

There was a great article on POTS written for dentists that came out last year. It is somewhat technical but written for a professional without a medical degree. While focused a little on the specific dental issues a POTS patient might face, it is also a broad overview and is very compassionate.

I can e-mail it to you in pdf form if you send me your e-mail address.

I think you have to judge how much detail the therapist might want. The DINET brochure is excellent for a quick overview for someone with limited time, in my opinion.

Katherine

This is the best article I have found on POTS for the lay-person: http://www.pediatricnetwork.org/medical/OI/johnshopkins.htm

It is on a pediatric website but is written for all persons with POTS and NMH. It also includes great details on what triggers symptoms and includes the fact that SITTING upright is a trigger (a big one for me, personally).

Flop/Katherine, I will PM you. As for the Dinet brochure, I think the old one was a great summary. The new one is more about Dinet than POTS...which is fair enough, but isn't what I want to give to my therapist.

Deucykub, the JH article is one of my favorites too.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks again,

Rita