Ibs, Ic, Pcos ...

To all,

I've noticed looking at everyone's signatures that if you have POTS, you tend to have other problems, too. From what you've learned, do these other issues (irritable bowel, interstitial cystitis, polycystic ovaries) also have some relation to the autonomic nervous system? Have any of you asked your doctors about this?

Just a newly diagnosed POTS-y trying to sort everything out. Thanks.

Amy

To all,

I've noticed looking at everyone's signatures that if you have POTS, you tend to have other problems, too. From what you've learned, do these other issues (irritable bowel, interstitial cystitis, polycystic ovaries) also have some relation to the autonomic nervous system? Have any of you asked your doctors about this?

Just a newly diagnosed POTS-y trying to sort everything out. Thanks.

Amy

I have P.O.T.S. C.F.S., I.B.S., P.C.O.S., Hypoglycemia, fibromyalgia, I had veeeery irregular and painful periods prior to having my ovaries removed, I also had anemia now being treated by iron pills, chronic sinusitis..im probably missing some.lol

But i really think there is a connection to all of this and my hormones.

I never had a problems with my health up up until about 8 years ago. Coincidentally this was the year my cycle changed from a normal 25 day cycle with a little PMS prior to bleeding for 5 days ,

To a 21 day , or 17 day, skipped a month, PMS from ****, 3 day, painful sort of a period.

Ever since then I have piling up more and more health problems.

Now it could be something else causing all of this I don't know. But it does seem that hormones have cause the most trouble for me. It has at the very least made things worse.

This is just me of course others might not have the same things going on.

I DO think it is all related.

I would recommend the MVP/S Survival Guide - I can't think of the author right this minute . .. I'll get it to you.

It is a great book and ties all these things together. I don't recall that there was great volumes of research proving anything, but the docs are tryingn to figure all this out.

This book was the #1 resource I was recommended at the MVP dysautonomia Center in Birmingham.

I felt much better after reading the book becaue it put all the symptoms together for the first time. Prior to reading this I felt I had all these sort of random illnesses. It was great to see that they are really all a part of one over-arching syndrome.

Good luck figuring all this out.

I am fairly new at all this as well. My diagnosis wasn't until this June. We are somewhat in the same boat! I was diagnosing myself prior to a doctor actually making the diagnosis. Everything from the above book just described my experiences so well.

I DO think it is all related.

I would recommend the MVP/S Survival Guide - I can't think of the author right this minute . .. I'll get it to you.

It is a great book and ties all these things together. I don't recall that there was great volumes of research proving anything, but the docs are tryingn to figure all this out.

This book was the #1 resource I was recommended at the MVP dysautonomia Center in Birmingham.

I felt much better after reading the book becaue it put all the symptoms together for the first time. Prior to reading this I felt I had all these sort of random illnesses. It was great to see that they are really all a part of one over-arching syndrome.

Good luck figuring all this out.

I am fairly new at all this as well. My diagnosis wasn't until this June. We are somewhat in the same boat! I was diagnosing myself prior to a doctor actually making the diagnosis. Everything from the above book just described my experiences so well.

I definitely think it' s all related. Thanks for the book info.

I cant see how I went from never being sick to having all these things pop up one after another.

I had a lot of that too. I found was figuring out stuff before the doctors and then presenting that to them. iT's frustrating but they just don't' have time to really look at unusual cases with the attention they deserve.

Thanks, Dari. I'll have to check that out.

In my mind, since the autonomic nervous system controls so many things, it only makes sense that having it be "off" might lead to other things being "off." Who knows?

I've always felt like, for a basically healthy person, I sure have a lot of things wrong with me! ;)

Amy