Melissa: Out Of Her Bowl And At The L'hopital

Thank you Nina for offering to send print and send the posts to Melissa. This has worked really well in the past thanks to the efforts of Rachel and JaneEyre/Kristen. I used to try to read all of the posts to her over voicemail but she's so popular I couldn't keep up with the reading and she couldn't keep up with all of the listening! :blink: Plus, this way she will get to see the pretty pictures people have posted.

I know you suggested mailing things to DINET for Melissa...but I figured it would be a heck of a lot easier for Michelle (and save money cost wise) just to send the stuff directly to the address for Melissa that we have posted before. I have pulled it from an earlier post from last time she was in the hospital. I have also kept the sentence below the address that Michelle had written showing that Melissa was okay with posting her name and address. I was the one who caused the initial confustion about posting an address and last name for her...so sorry for that, but now that we know, this might keep the stream of cards coming faster and also make it easier since she will likely be needing snail mail for quite some time. BTW, Melissa LOVES snail mail! :)

Melissa Mambort

4623 Penridge Rd.

Toledo, OH 43615

There was some confusion earlier as to whether Melissa wanted her last name used on the forum. I have spoken to her about it and she has assured me that it is okay to use her last name.

I know Melissa is feeling all of this love and support!

Love, Emily

Melissa,

Hope your feeling better soon. For those who know Melissa, I'm wondering if they have checked into resistant forms of bacteria that could be causing the sepsis/pnemonia? Have they looked into MRSA as a possibility? the only drug that seems to work if that's the case is Vancomyicin (IV drug), unless it's VRSA, than that's a whole different area and not sure if there are any treatments that work real well.

- Tammy

Tammy,

Melissa has been on Vancomyacin already in the past. This is the first time she has had pneumonia also. She has had many types of bacteria found in cultures and sometimes different ones each time.

Really, even the best GIs are stumped and that is what is making her case so complicated b/c the sepsis seems to originate in her gut/intestines and be related to her gastroparesis, etc. I'm not explaining it very well, but it's all a big complicated situation!

Thanks for your ideas though!

I would think that with all the cultures they have done on her, they would have checked for those two things--MRSA and VRSA.

I don't have any new updates as of this time.

Emily

Thank you everyone for posting updates on Melissa's situation - I know it can be very hard to get information when people are so sick in ICU, even just a "no change" can be a welcome message and bring relief to those of us worring about her from afar.

Melissa - when they figure out a safe way for you to get all these best wishes from the website I just want to add mine. Gentle hugs and lots of prayers for you.

Have they tried putting fish food flakes down your J-tube yet? Maybe that is the missing vital ingredient??

(Just in case anyone thinks I've gone loopy, that was said very much tongue in cheek and Melissa will know what I mean!)

Flop

Emily and Nina ,Thank You for keeping us updated,Melissa ,know that you are thought of often,and that I am praying for you daily,I hope you can feel the love and hugs I am sending! Pat

Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you Melissa.