Yeah For Me!

pat57

A ways back I mentioned I was depressed. I went to the doc and we discussed things. Less stress would be helpful. Meds or therapy. Getting 8 consecutive hours of sleep. Normally I work til 1am and have a young child to get off to school.

So I promised to take the St. Johns wort that I was far from diligent about. See a therapist. Which I have not yet (Shhhhh) did find one tho- local.

Tonight I was hired at a new place.

Shorter shifts.

Can get 8 hours of sleep.

Much less stress, I will not be in charge, I will be a hostess. THANK GOD!

The money is good considering, and its about 3 miles away.

whoop tee do!

Hi Pat,

Congratulations!!!!

Good luck with the new job. Sleep is soooo important for us - hopefully you'll feel much better with 8 hrs in bed. Does your new job involve more standing than your previous job (sorry can't remember what your old job was)? If it does I'd invest in some compression stockings and make sure you take every opportunity to sit down.

Take care,

Flop

yes, both jobs are on my feet- but in motion-not standing still. I do wear compression stockings everyday to work. And they are wonderful.

I think you "POTS" folk might do better with less motion. I have OH and NCS. Its true staying in motion wears me out

which is why the shorter shifts should help.

I hope so! They are use to me laying down occasionally at my present job. I SO want to get thru 5hours without needing that,

or at least making it to a private place. These people don't "know the drill". You know what my current boss said, after seeing me have a episode?

"Laying down on the job? You have to clock out first." I was LMAO. I am not comfortable about the issue- in the new place.

I was a manager at McDonald's- flop-night shift. LOVE those kids, I will miss them. I am going to Red Robin- the restaurant.

I'm supposed to be the Red Robin Mascot on tuesday night for 2 hours.

First let me tell you I think it will be a lark. Sounds like fun to me. Anyway "the kids" from McD's are supposed to come see me. They better!

Hi Pat,

I guess McD's is hectic so being a hostess won't be that much different in terms of being stood up and dashing about. I hope that Robin costume isn't too hot - make sure you're well hydrated and salt loaded won't you? It will be cool getting your former co-workers to visit you at your new job.

Just about the motion bit - I am a "POTS person" and I find I do much better moving about than standing still. When I walk the muscles in my legs help to squeeze the blood back up my legs to the heart, where as when I stand still the blood just pools in my legs and I get really dizzy.

Good luck with the new job,

Flop

Glad you were able to change to a shorter shift. Good luck.

Standing still IS THE WORST for my POTS and walking and stomping helps get the blood back to the brain. Also doing toe raises or whatever it takes. I do well to leave the house.

Good luck

Thats interesting Sophia and flop. I do those things too. hmmmmmmmmm?????? I just don't get tachy.

thankyou for the well wishes. The job could be a good one. It turns out I will be the head hostess and will schedule the hostesses- in time. Then I can schedule my own days off. But more important can expect raises when I get proficient. Also he agree that I can be out in time to catch the bus bringing home my 6th grader.

whoop tee do!

oh flop, the outfit has ice packs in it and I can chill when ever I need to. Its a 2 hour stint.

we shall see......

Hi

Glad to hear you are making changes. It is hard to have to make changes because of our health but it is necessary. Stress is bad for everyone but I think when you have a chronic illness you are already living with stress. Do what ever you can to decrease the stress and you will probably feel better. Good luck!!!

Good luck with your new job,I hope this change will make you feel better!Wishing the very best Pat

congrats on taking some steps that sound like they'll be great for your body & mind. good luck with the new adjustments; i hope the changes will turn out even better than you could expect!

:) melissa