Terrified

To all,

I'm having a problem keeping from panicking about this: sometimes when I look down, the floor looks like it's sloped. Does anyone else have that happen? I'm really scared that something horrible is wrong (brain tumor? MS? Lou Gehrigs?)

I'm having a really hard time coping today.

Hi, don't appologise - this forum is all about being able to ask anything you want without feeling silly. Sometimes we ask things that we are too shy to ask our doctors about or just want to see if others have had the same problem too. Often we have really odd symptoms that you don't know if they are part of dysautonomia or an unrelated problem.

If you noticed the slopping floor just after standing up quickly then it may well be related to posture or blood pressure changes. I notice that you are taking Paxil, have you recently started taking it? When I fist went on paroxetine (Paxil) I had 2 weeks of feeling really drunk and sloping floors and walls - it settled down when I reduced the dose and allowed my body time to get used to the med.

Keep a note of when you get the symptoms and what you were doing so you can see if there is a pattern (like after standing up).

I hope it all settles down,

Flop

dont be embarassed! but this can be invovled in pots.. like flop said esp. if you stand very quickly... it can scare you.. especially if you havent really dealt with moving sloping floors yet... hope that you doing better today...take care linda :rolleyes:

Thanks, Flop and Dizzy. I appreciate your input!

I've been taking the Paxil for a long time, so I don't think that's it. It's probably just from standing up too quickly. I haven't really noticed it since then. I have a nasty habit of panicking about whatever weird physical symptom I'm experiencing at the moment. It's a great way to scare myself silly!

i think its a bit normal to panic abit with new symptoms.. especially when you first diagnosised b/c you are just learning about pots really.. and whats "normal" and not normal.... its a process we all go thru.. and eventually you might not get so panicky...

take it easy and know that we are all here with you.. and dont hesitate to ask questions and read old threads.. you''ll find alot of info... and will find that infact others are and have going thru what your experiencing... good place here for support!

hugs

I have this kind of stuff all the time and it always weirds me out....I have no real depth perception or something anymore, so stuff looks weird, like slanting floors and things. Last night I was standing in the kitchen and it suddenly felt like the floor was coming up at me....Lord only knows what the deal is..I just stick it out and it goes away.

We all have weird stuff like this, so you shouldn't be embarrassed. I don't mind the stuff I'm used to, but so hate it when when stuff like that happens and catches me off guard. morgan