No Sex Drive...anyone Else Have This Problem?

Lauren78

I could not have sex at bedtime in recent years..it would EXHAUST me and get the adrenalin going...adding to the PRE EXISITING insomnia and no refreshing sleep issue.

It has NEVER cured my insomnia!! Sex..afternoon delight is better...and dating an older guy helped...they were not into acrobats which is not even an OPTION for some of us...even turning over quickly.

Older folks get that.

But you folks who can achieve the ultimate in a couple of minutes, WOW..impressive.

My testosterone levels are high normal and I have the mustache and chin hairs to prove it (commong with middle age)

But I have yet to uh, test drive things since getting my partial hysterectomy.

Well, I have started and revved the engine..but not carried any passengers yet...if you catch my drift, LOL.

Dang, the things illness makes us think about.

I still need my 9-10 hrs of sleep when I can!!!

You all are just cracking me up :)

I need a jump start every time, otherwise truthfully, I could not care one bit if I never had it again,,sad but true. I'm too tired to even think of adding that to my list of daily things that I have a hard enough time getting through. My hubby is used to it and I think he has begun to enjoy his extra sleep time. B)

Mom4C

I can relate..though not currently involved with anybody, I CAN remember when sex was in the top 5 or 10 of things in life.

Now with the debilitating aspects of this illness...it probably does not make it into the top 25 or 50!! Little things like sleep, brushing and flossing teeth, bathing or showering or washing hair..with REST in between all of those.

Course without GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE, there would NO chance of sex. :)B):P :P

I had this distressing problem and it came down to my celexa that was causing it, and POTS was to. I wouldn't stop my celexa because it has given me so much more quality of life in all other areas. So my doctor added welbutrin slowly and it took a few months but I did notice a good improvement. She wanted to try and stop the celexa slowly and keep the welbutrin, but I was to scared to try it. I didn't want to go down hill pots wise or even take a chance. She said I can up my dose of welbutrin and see what happens, but I have not tried it yet. I'm at 150 mg and would go up to 300 mg. I might try it some time in the near future to see what happens. I would talk to your doctor about it, it felt a bit uncomforable, but it helped that I talked to Bev, Dr. Grubbs NP, she was really understanding.

Kim

Hey everyone, sorry I'm adding my two cents so late. Haven't been on in awhile and when I got on today and seen this post, I decided to take the time to chat for awhile. I am married to an older man...14 years older and our sex life was always great and very often until I got sick. We were just married for over 2 years when it all started to creep down hill on me. First I was just to tired and felt to bad, then as they added medications some of my desire and need returned. But when they added the florinef it all died out again. I've talked to my doctor about it and we( me, doctor and husband) decided that since my symptoms were improving some for me not to come off the florinef. My husband and I have tried many different things and the most important one for me is understanding. He "gets" and "understands" how I feel and he in no way wants to make me feel worse. My largest problem being dryness. With lots of trying and searching, we found a product to help with that that would not break me out or cause any infections. I purchase "SLICK FREE" from tasteful treasures. I have a lady that sells it at shows and stuff, but she lets me call her and buy it anytime I want. She keeps it in stock at her house because she knows I always call and want some. It has been the best thing for us. The other problem of being in the mood was I always felt I was letting him down by not being in the mood and my insecurities caused many problems until we worked it out. My fear was that if he wasn't getting it from me he would get it somewhere else. He assured me and it took months for me to realize that my wonderful husband wasn't like some of the other losers in my past and that he truly love me no matter what. True intimenticy(spelling??) is better than any sex I've ever had and it's a great feeling to not feel like I have to just for him. When I'm in the mood we do, when I'm not we find other ways to satisfy him. I learned not to stress the big "O" and enjoy our sex life better now. He has worked on his issues of his maleness telling him that if I don't achieve the "O" then he has not done his job. It is a very sensitive matter for almost everyone that has a chronic illness and it all takes A LOT of understanding. You and your partner have to work on it together and come to a meeting point where you both are happy. Your doctor can help in a lot of ways, but there are tons of other ways to feel sexy and satisfied with out actual intercourse or the big "O". Keep trying to find what works for you and remember it might not be what you want but what you can deal with instead.