Palpitations And Lightheadedness

Hi,

For the past few days I have been having horrible palps and lightheadedness. I have been on Zoloft 25mg for about 3 weeks. How long does it take for an SSRI to start helping and for a person to see results?! I would like to hear what everyone has to say.

Thanks

Jacquie

"How long does it take to feel better with Zoloft?

Every person is unique. The time it takes to feel better is different for everyone. Some of your symptoms might start to improve within one to two weeks or it could take up to eight weeks. Even if you don't feel better right away, it's important to keep taking your medicine as directed. Give Zoloft a chance to work for you."

http://www.zoloft.com/zoloft/zoloft.portal...ommon_questions

Jacquie,

Sorry you do not think Zoloft is helping and maybe even aggravating.

You are on a very low dose of Zoloft. It took a long time for me to reach the dose that seems to help--250 mg once a day. My internist was always concerned about the dose. However, the Mayo Clinic informed me that you have to be on a very dose of Zoloft to get a benefit. He had no problem with the 250 mg. My migraines are now pretty well controlled with Zoloft and Lyrica.

Lois

Hi guys and thank you for all your replies. I have noticed that the Zoloft has helped immenesly with the severe headaches I was getting. However, I haven't seen much help other wise. I am going to continue to take it because I have heard that SSRI's do help alot with POTS symptoms!

Jacquie