Joint Pain

Lauren78

I have noticed more and more lately over the past few months that I have a lot of joint pain, especially when I wake up. I toss and turn A LOT in the middle of the night, and it's because I either have to pee :lol:, or because my limbs have fallen asleep, or because my joints are sore. I wake up and my elbow(s) hurt to extend fully. Sometimes my shoulder hurts if I lift my arm up. Fingers and knees are okay.

When awake though I notice my knees will hurt if I sit cross-legged too long or just sit too long in general...when I go to stand they are really sore.

I wonder if this is a POTS symptom, or something else? I wonder if maybe I just sleep on my limbs or remain in a certain position too long which causes the problems? I wonder a lot of things LOL.

Bottom line...does anyone else experience this?!

I have joint pain after a particularly long day. The exertion of the day caqn be physical or emotional so I don't think it is an issue of overuse or twisting anything. Also, I frequently have hip pain after sleeping. I thought it might e from being in one position for too long.

Dari

I have joint pain every night and every day, but I have a genetic joint disorder that causes me to have faulty collagen and to also cause bone formation (osteophytes) where I shouldn't have.

Many with POTS also have fibromyalgia. Some have a disorder called "Ehlers Danlos", which may also be the cause of their autonomic problems. I was assumed to have Ehlers Danlos up until a few months ago, but we're now pretty sure I have a different disorder.

nina

i have lots of joint pain as well.. i always have.. but no reasons for the pain have been figured out yet...hang in there....

Lauren,

Yes, I do have joint pain. My elbows, knees, wrists, and hips hurt especially at night. During the day I've been having trouble with some of my knuckles and my jaw. Typing, writing, unscrewing lids, etc. can be painful at times.

I'm definitely hypermobile, so this might contribute to my problem. Or I might have undiagnosed EDS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, or something else. My doctor is running a bunch of tests, which hopefully will point us in the right direction.

So, yes, there are many here with joint pain, but there are many causes. Have you spoken with your doctor about it? What does he think?

I hope you can figure out what is going on.

Rachel

Thanks guys for all your responses. I guess I should make a doctor visit just to be on the safe side.

Funny that you mention FMS Nina. My mom has FMS...and they think their may be some familial or hereditary attributes to that.

Glad I am not alone, but not glad all of you have joint pain too. I hope it's nothing...didn't want to do anything about it before since it just happens at night mainly I blew it off as a sleeping thing. But I think I should make an appt. Does anyone else ever get tired of seeing the doctor so much? The nurse there knows my voice on the phone without me introducing myself! :P

Good Lord, yes, Lauren!

I am embarrassed to call the physician's office.

I keep expecting the receptionist to say something like "you again?"

I try to put off appointments until I have several things to discuss, probably not the best idea, but if I go every time there is a problem, I just might as well move in with the doc!!!

Dari :)

I also have alot of joint pain. Especially in my shoulder and neck. I dont sleep well either so i dont know if its all the tossing and turning or just this pain of a condition that we all seem to have. Good luck finding answers :)