Blair Grubb

LOL, how strange....I was in borders today looking for a book about electrophysiology and stumbled upon, while looking at the spine of the books, "GRUBB"....i pulled out the book and sure enough it was a book by dr.blair grubb called "The Fainting Phenomenon" .......I read a little of it, and it mentions POTS and a variety of other medical problems either associated with POTS or similar to it.....he does a great job at explaining to the layperson how autonomic cardiac innervation works and how/why people pass out and/or have things like POTS/autonomic dysfunction...

I ended up purchasing the book more or less because I was shocked, for the very first time, seeing a medical book with the words POSTURAL ORTHOSTATIC TACHYCARDIA SYNDROME in it. LOL.

anyone else have this book?

my dad said I should bring the book with me to my appt with him in december and have him autograph it. LOL!

-Cardiactec.

yep....i have it was well as his textbook entitled syncope: mechinisms & managementthat includes chapters written by him as well as other well known autonomic docs. i'm pretty sure both books are listed somewhere on the DINET site as resources though i'm not certain where off the top of my head. it's neat that it was in stock at the bookstore though rather than only avaliable via special order.

rounding out my collection (of autonomic-specific books) is Primer on the Autonomic Nervous System edited by Dr. Robertson (at vandy) as well as the The NDRF Patient Handbook, the first which is more of a textbook for those with some medical backgroung & the second of which is intended for patients, families, etc.

:rolleyes: melissa

he often sends a copy to patients in the mail after their first visit with him--I have one from my visit in 2001 with a note from him inside.

:rolleyes: nina

yep...dr. grubb is well known for his book &/or article sending post-appointment...not only things medical specific but other things, i.e. When Bad Things Happen to Good People, his own non-medical publications, etc.

i would love to read these books. i will go to the bookstore and ask if they can order them. is it possible for one of you guys to let me know the publisher and/or isbn numbers?

i can imagine it must have felt shocking to come across this book, cardiatec!!!

thanks in advance!

corina B)

The Fainting Phenomenon: Understanding Why People Faint and What Can Be Done About It

Authors: Grubb & McCann

# Paperback: 144 pages

# Publisher: Blackwell Publishing Professional; 1st edition (September 15, 2001)

# Language: English

# ISBN-10: 0879934913

# ISBN-13: 978-0879934910

=========================================

Syncope: Mechanisms and Management

Brian Olshansky (Author), Blair P. Grubb (Editor)

# Hardcover: 384 pages

# Publisher: Blackwell Publishing Limited; 2 edition (April 1, 2005)

# ISBN-10: 1405122072

# ISBN-13: 978-1405122078

Primer on the Autonomic Nervous System, Second Edition (Paperback)

by David W. Robertson (Editor)

# Paperback: 488 pages

# Publisher: Academic Press; 2 edition (May 5, 2004)

# ISBN-10: 0125897626

# ISBN-13: 978-0125897624

The NDRF handbook on Dysautnomias is a FREE download pdf file--you can read it on your computer, or choose to print it out. You can also buy it as a hardcover book.

http://www.ndrf.org/NDRFHandbook.htm

Nina

The first book is now in its second edition:

"The Fainting Phenomenon: Understanding why people faint and what to do about it"

Author: Blair P Grubb, MD

Publisher: Blackwell Futura; second edition (2007)

ISBN-10: 1-4051-4841-1

ISBN-13: 978-1-4051-4841-2

Happy reading,

Flop