headaches

Guest veryblue

Guest veryblue

Does anyone else seem to get headaches in the evening after they have been standing up a long time? I go to work as a server in a restaurant and after about 4 or five hours I get a really bad headache. This has been the thrid day its happened now. I get a pain behind my eyes and then kind of a werid feeling on both sides of my head near my temples..well actually on my face more than my head. Is this because blood is not getting back to my head or something? That is my best guess. Does anyone have any answers and or ways to get relief? Tylenol just dosent cut it and laying down dosent help after the headache is already there. This is getting really crazy and I am desperate for this to go away!

Hi Very Blue,

I get pounding "hangover type" headache near my temples when I stand up, especially when getting out of bed in the AM. It usually goes away after a few mintues, but comes back when I stand up again. I almost always have a full blown headache (that does not go away) by the afternoon and I do not stand all day at work like you do. I am almost always sitting unless I am going from one place to another. Sorry this is effecting your work. Headaches suck! I cannot tell you what is causing them, maybe someone else can help.

Ann