Florinef

jenwic

I am hypersensitive to Florinef. If I reduce the tablet size by as much as a grain of rice size I am up all night with my heart racing and pounding, nausea, feeling generally horrible. I have also had to start taking Florinef on an empty stomach because if I have food in my stomach and the medicine is delayed getting into my system by even as much as 20 to 30 minutes off schedule, I have the above symptoms for 24 hours or more. I really wish I had Never started taking this drug and would like to discontinue taking it or at least cut it way down.

Right now I take 1/2 a tablet in the morning (9:30 a.m. sharp or I feel horrible) and 1 whole tablet at 9:30 p.m.

Have any of you reduced your dose or discontinued Florinef? How did you go about it? How long did it take you to cut back? Did you cut back by 1/2 tablet at a time, 1/4 tablet? I wish Florinef came in liquid so it would be easier to control dosage.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Jenny

P.S. I tried to stop taking it cold turkey in Dec. and I won't even go into that 2 week long nightmare!

I cut back over months of time by alternating my regular dosage with 1/4 tablet less. As long as your doctor feels it's ok, you can take a while to wean off slowly. I finally reached a point where I couldn't wean off anymore, and I'm still at that dosage. Hope you find the schedule and dosing that works for you! I can relate to how awful it is!

Kristen