Weird Heart Beat: Anyone Have It?

Hi, everyone,

With everything else that's going on--I just had a bout of pancreatitis--my heart has been going into funny rhythms lately. I'll try to describe what the scariest one is to see if any of you do this, and is it POTS?

Okay, here goes. My heart will feel like it's beating out of the top of it, then immediately, it will feel like it's throwing a beat out of the bottom, too: BEAT beat, BEAT beat, TOP bottom, TOP bottom. Make sense to anyone?

If so, what is it? I just came off of a 30-day holtor, and I didn't do it on that. Oh, of course not! Can anyone relate?

Thanks.

Linda

Oh, pancreatitis anyone? I'm not getting much help on that one here, either.

hi linda -

i had pancreatitis also back in march/ april and it was NOT fun so i can certainly empathize. for me it was concurrent with polymicrobial sepsis/ septic shock though (7 bacteria in my bloodstream) so it wasn't entirely possible to know what was what. and the septic shock was most dangerous/ life-threatening in the in moment that the pancreatitis didn't get the degree of attention it might otherwise have. the general consensus for me though was that it was related to the sepsis. i haven't had any residual effects/ problems.

:( melissa

you said, "My heart will feel like it's beating out of the top of it, then immediately, it will feel like it's throwing a beat out of the bottom, too: BEAT beat, BEAT beat, TOP bottom, TOP bottom"

sounds like ectopy to me -- some SINGLE premature beats, either occuring from the bottom chambers (ventricles) or top chambers (atria) ....generally PVC's (premature beats from the bottom chambers of the heart) are more prominent and can be felt more than PAC's (premature beats from the top chambers of the heart) .........what you describe sounds like either atrial bigeminy or ventricular bigeminy -- meaning that every other beat you feel is very prominent, or occuring early ..........of course, no one can know unless you catch it on a monitor -- MURPHY'S LAW, that stinks that you just brought in your monitor and you didnt catch it then ..............i'm going through that dilemma myself right now, i have one week left on this monitor (after having it for two week already) and have yet to catch the thing i'm feeling............

bigeminy, if that's what it is, generally isnt anything to be concernerd with -- though i know it can be extremely annoying .....

are you on beta blocker?

No, unfortunately, in the midst of all of my health problems this past year, I got taken off of my Cardizem, which controlled my arrhythmias pretty well, and now my body is not accepting any meds, even ones I'd been on for years. I just love this body of mine that I hardly know! :(

I feel better, though, knowing that the beats are benign, albeit terribly, terribly annoying!!!

Melissa, I'm so sorry that you had a bout of pancreatitis, as well. Yours sounds a lot worse than what I went through, and my pain was horrific, so I can only imagine what you had to endure. I am so sorry. I'm glad you're better, though. Hey, hug that fish for me and pretend I'm giving you a big hug back!

Lindajoy