Zoloft And Pots

I am just wondering if anyone has tried zoloft or any other meds like that for POTS. I have been doing alot of reading on POTS and several articles say that may relieve some of the symptoms. I have been unable to find a good cardio doctor to go to and my pcp is not up on POTS and treatments. Also if anyone is from NE PA and has a good doctor please let me know. I have searched and not found any yet. Thanks

Desiree :(

Hi Desiree,

I take Paroxetine for my POTS and do find some benefit from it. I seem to have a slightly longer standing tolerance time before I have to sit down that I did before I started it.

Quite a few other forum members take Zoloft (Sertraline) (you often see people's med list in their "signature" at the bottom of their posts).

Sertraline and Paroxetine are both types of SSRI (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) a class of druge that does have some evidence of being beneficial in orthostatic intolerance. There is a short section on SSRIs in the "what helps" section of the main DINET website with references and links to more information.

Flop

Desiree~

I take zoloft along with my other pots medications and it does seem to help.

I'm from Pa too and I see Dr. Consevage from Moffit Heart & Vascular Group, near Harrisburg.

Its quite a drive for me, but he is VERY knowledgable with POTS. (and nurses too)

The only thing is, is that he is actually a pediatric cardiologist, but if i'm not mistaken he will see patients over 21 with Dysautonomia/POTS apon request.

Hi Desiree,

I was taking Zoloft for a good six months (can't afford it anymore) with my Lorazepam and it definately had an added relief with the POTS symptoms. If I could afford it (no health insurance right now), I would definately still be taking it. However, no cardiac medicines helped in my situation, only made me worse, so that is why I had to resort to these kinds of meds.

Sarah.