Colonoscopy Went Well...

The prep was very doable - I only had to drink 2 of the 4 liters thanks to Deb's (Morgan617) advice!! She gave me lots of great tips for the prep and it wasn't bad at all. Seriously. Two years ago when I had to do a prep, I was crying and everything. This time it was cake.

Sedation went well. I was not awake during the procedure. No heart rate or blood pressure problems. No pain or cramping afterwards. No bleeding in the colon or stomach. Did a biopsy of my small intestine to see why my body is not absorbing iron (I'm assuming he was testing for Celiac). Will get the results in a few days.

Thanks for all of the advice and well wishes!!

glad to hear things went as well as they did on every end (pun intended B) ). hopefully you'll get an easy-to-treat/ remedy answer the the unanswered questions to add to the success.

:( melissa

Hi Jennifer,

I'm glad the test went well and you had no problems with the sedation. Hopefully you're already back to your usual self but if not give your body a good rest and eat well while you recover. Let us know how things go at your follow up.

Flop