Nina Had Blood Clot/surgery

Hi Everyone, thanks again for all those good thoughts. :) I'm on my way to go see my surgeon for my first follow up from surgery 2 in about a half hour...

This second one has left me much more tired--I think having general anesthesia 2x in less than a week really did me in.

Nina

Nina,

I was just catching up on posts. I'm so glad that you have a good doctor and this complication

was taken care of so quickly. I would think you will be tired for sometime after 2 surgeries so close together.

It's a good sign though, you are MIGHTY, because that would be hard on a person with perfect health.

Hope you are resting. Maybe you can reach down and paint your toenails :)

Take Care.

Dawn

doctor says all is good, and I have a lot less bruising than he would have expected--he did joke that we're seeing way too much of each other :)

Off to hug my icepack and sleep some more... my body is so tired, I shake every time I stand or sit up. Wilbur and I have a date with some blankies and pillows. Chat with you all later. B) Nina

glad to hear you got an A at your appointment. it does sound like you have a good doc. (i.e. can i trade surgeons with you?) hope you & wilbur are resting comfortably...or as comfortably as possible rather...at this very moment. give yourself a break...two knocks with genera anesthesia in a few days time would knock anyone down. i'm amazed you can type a coherant sentence!

:) melissa

I am coherent? :lol::blink::) hmmmm... not sure I've EVER been coherent, but if you say so ;)

I seem to keep sleeping, which I suppose is normal for what I've been through? I'm also having the same GI issues as last week--but I took some Senokot last night and finally started "going" this morning... now I have 5 days to make up for :(-_- can you say "abdominal cramping"? Yuck.

On a funny note, Wilbur has been entertaining me. I finished my breakfast cereal and put the bowl with the remainder on the floor for Wil. He put his feather into the bowl with the milk and is playing with it! He does the same thing with his water bowl in the master bath--plays with it as much as he drinks from it.

Yesterday he PULLED OUT the a/c-heating vents from the floor and dragged them around. I came home from the doctor, saw the open vents and thought to myself "did I leave that like that?" (I could have, I'm beyond brain fog at this point--more like brain black out). I put in vent filters the day before, so i thought maybe I left it out by accident. I put it back and five minutes later I saw him pull it out with his teeth and drag it about 5 feet before he saw me watching him and dropped it, then ran.

Little naughty cat...okay, big naughty cat. He makes up for it with sweetness. He wakes up in such a sweet mood, wanting to snuggle and clean us. He trusts me implicitly and lets me touch every part of him without complaint, including letting me hold his paws and play with his feet.

Back to bed.. Love to you all. Nina, a bit bruised and tired, but still here.

Hi Nina,

as Wilbur is such a tolerant cat would you tickle his tummy for me? I love to see cats play and roll as they get tickled / stroked.

I'm glad that he's keeping you entertained as well as "clean" but please tell him that he is not to make you do any extra chores tidying up after his mischivous games!

Flop

Hi Nina,

It's been a while since I visited the forum. Sorry to see that you have had such a rough ride in the meanwhile! Hope you feel better soon!

For the clots, you might consider liver function as a possible reason for these complications. Some blood tests required to confirm. Liver produces the protiens that regulate thickness, clotting time, etc. Surgery provokes clots in people with Protien S or Protien C deficiency. (I have had this since developing POTS). Maybe you should consult a hemotologist.

I think the clot was a result of the ruptured artery; also, I know they did a lot of blood work prior to removing the clot. I'll check with my surgeon when I see him in 2 weeks.

Nina

Hi Nina,

I think that the type of clots that Masumeh was referring to are ones that form inside the veins (deep vein thrombosis) which having clotting disorders and recent surgery are certainly risk factors for. I think that in your case the bleeding from the artery had no place to go so it built up and formed a clot within the surgical site - painful but quicker to treat than a DVT.

Hope everything is continuing to settle down,

Flop

Thanks all for the concern. I'm hanging in there. I still get tired very, very quickly. Also, my chest is pretty sore. I seem to have extreme sensitivity now for all the skin in the area.

I accidentally really hurt myself earlier today adjusting my bathing suit top--I pulled down and didn't realize I had a suture loop in hand. It was everything I could do not to scream... I was on my patio and didn't want to frighten the neighbors, or have them come calling b/c I was wearing a 2 piece suit and I'm not quite 2 piece suite ready--10 lbs more lost, and maybe...that, and many more sit ups!

My next post surgical visit is next week on tues...at that point the suture loops and knots will get removed unless I can't stand it any longer and ask Teri to do the deed for me. I'm hoping that helps with the itching. I'm having normal pains and aches--and at this point, some of the bruising has become much more evident, especially on the right where I had hte 2nd procedure.

I'm wondering how long it will take to gain my stamina back. I hope not too long--I go back to work in August. Today was my first real venture out of the house other than for a doc appointment--I went to the produce store and got a just a few things. That did me in! I took a nice nap afterward.

Nina

Nina!

I have been away for sooooo long. Tooooo long. And I missed supporting you through all of your ordeal. I did not even know you were having surgery until Melissa said something to me!

I haven't been able to keep up with DINET at all lately...sorry.

I logged on primarily to give you a rally of support from me...and a huge hug and lots of healing thoughts your way.

Wow, you have been through the wringer. I think you have had about 100 surgeries in your lifetime so far! lol.

I am relieved the blood clot was caught, and that hopefully the breast reduction will help your back and spine to feel better.

I know it's hard for a 'doer' like you to be patient with your body--since you are MightyMouse and all--but, be patient my friend...you're body has taken quite a beating!

You are in my thoughts even though I am not on the board much these days!

Love, Emily