Anybody With Pain At Night?

jhjd

So I haven't been on here in a while, though I probably have needed to be. I've just been so busy- we're moving to a new city, so we have to sell the house, find new jobs, etc.

My question is this: They increased my atenenol dosage b/c it wasn't doing enough to stop the tachy and chest pain, in particuliar, and I was just generally still having a lot of symptoms. Ever since then, I've been getting more tired and dizzier and having really really bad muscle pain at night...if I stop moving and it takes me more then 5 minutes to get to sleep, I'll start to cry from the pain. Same thing if I have to be still in a meeting or whatever. Then, when I wake up in the morning, I'll find that I've a) thrashed around all night but B) my feet and hands will still be 'asleep' and c) everything else will ache. The assessment has been that the increased dose is lowering my blood pressure to the point that the pooling has gotten much worse, so my doctor switched me to Toprol. She says if this doesn't work, we'll have to move from beta blockers to other classes of drugs or some combination thereof- possibly Klonipin. I My question is: Does anybody here take Klonipin? What does it do for you? Do you take it in combination with the Beta Blockers? Anybody else have any other good med ideas? Thanks!

sorry you're having so much trouble. i know that when you can't get good sleep it can only make anything/ everything else worse.

have you considered exploring the possibility of restless leg syndrome or another sleep disorder? some of what you describe brought these things to my mind so it may be something worth asking your doctor about....

if the low BP is the culprit (though i don't entirely understand how that would manifest in the way you describe), have you ever tried a med that helps to raise it? many people do well with a combination of a low dose beta & a vasoconstrictor or something similar.

hope you find some relief & better sleep soon,

B) melissa