Embarassing Question Of The Day

Sue

I don't know which one of my medications give me the goosebumps, or chills but one of them are definately the culprit.

I'm actually quite embaressed to ask my question, so please forgive me, here goes. No matter what kind of bra I have bought I cannot find one to eliminate my problem. We show through like crazy. One girl at work always is asking me if I'm cold!!! I'm thinking its the proamatine, because I don't remember this problem before adding that one to my list. Any suggestions I would appreciate it.

and again , sorry

(Hugs)

Sue

Hi Sue,

Yes, ProAmatine (Midodrine) often gives people chills. This med is likely the culprit. Did you just recently start ProAmatine or did your doctor recently raise your dose? If so, then the chills might go away after your body gets used to the medicine.

If you have been on ProAmatine for a while and the side effects haven't subsided, perhaps you could talk to your doctor about lowering the dose a little. A lower dose might still be effective enough for treatment without having as strong of side effects.

I hope you can get your problem fixed.

Hugs,

Rachel

Proamatine or midodrine......the same...will cause the chills or goosebumps. As for your problem, until you can change your bodies reaction to the medication try putting band aids over your nipples to help with the sensitivity as well as with them showing. Small solution with out adding extra clothing in the heat.

Hope this helps you out and good luck with the girls showing.

Hi Sue! Oh, I know exactly what you are talking about! Although mine isn't caused by meds...it's just one of those things ;) I used to get teased mercilessly by my guy friends in HS always asking if it was cold out and other such comments. So although I have no advice as far as meds for you, I would suggest a lightly padded bra. I always buy bras that are lightly padded, not like they have built in boobs, but the ones that aren't real thin...that way I don't show through my shirts. Hope that helps...and I sympathize! B)

Hi Sue,

midodrine is well known for it's tendancy to cause goosebumps, so as others have said that is probably the culprit. Rather than buying new bras, have you thought about trying nipple shields / pads, the sort designed for expectant / breastfeeding mums? They might give you a smoother outline without having to put adhesive on your skin.

Oh, and don't be embarrassed about asking this sort of question - this is when the forum is really useful for getting tips from others with the same issues without having to ask a doctor about minor but troublesome problems.

Flop

this can be a problem for any woman..and for women on tv that don't want to worry about such exposure, there are coverings for this issue.

http://www.thelingeriestoreusa.com/nippits...CFQrVOAodaCN_DQ

I found this on a quick search but MANY sites came up. So you may want to look into this if bandaids dont' work.

Do not be embarrassed...it is a legit comment or question.

;)

Sophia, I often take so long to compose my posts that I end up "cross posting" with others essentially saying similar things. Sunfish and I managed about 6 crossed posts in a row a while back. I gues you probably started typing then went searching for the link?

Flop

Mine have been pointing out pretty good since I breastfed my first child. I've given up on trying to find a swimsuit that covers them well! I usually try to wear a seamless padded bra, and that's the only thing that hides them. There are tons and tons of brands that carry a seamless padded style. There is this product called Lillypadz that is for breastfeeding women -- they are silicone pads that stick to the nipples to prevent them from sticking out through clothing and from the women leaking milk. I don't see why they couldn't be worn by non-breastfeeding women. Or maybe there's a similar product out there designed specifically for preventing nipples from poking through clothes ...

Do you remember a few years ago when women were actually buying those sticky pads that were shaped to look like fake nipples under your clothes? Funny how some women would actually want people to see their nipples!

Amy

Well you guys are the best, thanks for all the ideas, most of them I have tried with no luck. Today I even tried '3' yes three band aids, criss crossing them over. lol (hurt when I took them off, ouch) I am going to try the nursing pads as soon as I can get out to buy some.

Will let you know how that goes.

((Hugs))

Sue

• 2 months later...

WOW! You gals have certainly covered the topic (no pun intended).

I have ALWAYS had this problem.

Bandaids hurt, and the adhesive is irritating at times.

Nursing pads often show through as a big round circle, not appealing to me either.

I, like another respondent, take care to purchase only bras with some padding. I am a minister and having obvious nipples protruding is just not an option! I understand not wanting to purchase all new underwear especially if this is a transient problem, but this is how I deal with the issue.

Hope you can find the solution that works for you.

Dari