Unprovoked Symptoms?

anjuu

Hey guys/gals,

I don't post too much here, mainly because I haven't had any major issues with my POTS for nearly a year. However, all that seems to have changed recently. This is kinda long, so grab some popcorn...

A few days ago, I was with at work with a client for almost 5 hours ( I'm a tattoo artist). I ate before I started with the client, and ate after. I developed a wierd headache which was making me sick to my stomach. Later, I was at a friend's house and could not get a comfortable postion (sitting or laying) on his couch. I left, still feeling sick.

On my way home, I started having a hard time breathing. There was a strange discomfort in my chest, almost like someone stuck their hands in my chest (sorry, I don't know how to describe it) associated with nausea, sweating, the headache as mentioned, and what I can describe as mild dellusions. There was also this strange cold/tingly sensation that went from the back of my head down to my neck. I finally got a hold of myself, and after about 5 minutes, I calmed down and found myself short of breath with weakness in my legs/hips, with most of the other symptoms gone. I was driving in my car the entire time this was happening.

I have been feeling a little weak and short of breath for the past few days, even while I am lying down typing this. Also, I haven't had much of an appetite lately, associated with a tiny bit of nausea. My heart is not racing, either.

I have not been under any major stress, I have been eating great (up until the other day), haven't physically stressed myself, etc. I don't know what happened to make my body freak out, especially since I have done worse in the past year that hasn't triggered anything.

I know you all have probably seen posts like this a million times, but I'm wondering if there is something that doesn't seem right. I have been meaning to get to the doc's for a check up and such, so I swear I'll be going soon. Just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks in advance,

-a

Hi Anjuu,

sorry to hear that your symptoms have flared up, it is always disappointing to have a good spell healthwise then get symptoms again. Maybe it was the long spell of work with that particular client but I think as you said yourself that a trip to the doctor is due. I'd go and get everything checked out and follow their advice, hopefully it will all settle down again. I'm also concerned about you driving whilst having such symptoms - if it happens again please pull over, just to protect yourself and other road users. I don't wan't to preach but I'd hate for you to get injured.

Hope you're feeling back to normal soon and let us know how you get on,

Flop

Hi Anjuu,

I'm sorry to hear about the recent flare of symptoms. I would advise that you see a doctor as soon as possible. If the symptoms flare up very quickly like that again, please don't drive. We don't want you to get hurt and further complicate things. If a friend is available, perhaps he/she could take you to the ER for some testing while the symptoms are going on.

I hope you can get some good advice and help from your doctor.

Rachel

Sorry you're having a tough time. Do you normally work for 5 hr stretches? Has your BP gone too low? One thing I have learned (the hard way) is to try and nip things off at the bud. Whenever you start to feel funny, it might help to head straight home and go to bed. Often pushing yourself to stay active makes things even worse.

Anjuu-

Sounds a bit like anaphalaxysis. Any rashes or flushing at the time? Sometimes, my rashes all connect and I just look tan with redder lips. I am being treated for MCAD Mast Cell Activation Disorder and I have experienced anaphalaxysis w/o a known trigger- stress or just being overly tired. Any history of allergy problems, hives or other strange skin symptoms?

Just a guess. Definately talk with your doc.

Julie

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I called the doc's today, and they said they couldn't get me in until July 26th. After I let them know of my symptoms, they had an opening for this Friday. This is why I dislike dealing with physician communities. The nurse there said I should probably head to the ER if I get symptoms again. I know that if I go to the ER, they aren't going to tell me anything worthwhile. Sorry if that is a hard-headed response, but it's not worth the stress and aggravation. Last time I went to the ER (over an animal bite), the ER doc had me in tears because he said something about amputating my thumb. I had surgery and was fine. The time before that, I had a glass cut on my foot/toe area, and the doc said they might have to amputate my big toe (yea, this is when I was 10). All I needed was a couple stitches and I was ready to go.

Anyways, yes, I have done a few 4 hour sessions before. My longest was 7 hours with only a few bathroom breaks for my client. That wasn't a good idea, and I learned quick. Luckily, I was spared a major episode, thank goodness. Smaller sittings take more out of me.

I do not have any allergies that I know of. BP might be low, I haven't been able to check. If anything, my body temp has been low. When checked on 2 different days, it was 96.2, even when I felt comfortable. What's wierd is that I got a small spell of symptoms last night while laying down. Even felt like I was going to blackout (***-I'm laying down trying to sleep!) My heart was not racing all that much. Blargh. We'll see what Friday concludes. Thanks again, everyone.