Update On Nina

Sunfish

Just wanted to let everyone know that Nina is doing well after her surgery Friday morning. (For those who missed her earlier posts she had a medically indicated breast reduction.) She was able to escape the hospital yesterday to rest & recoop at home. I'm sure all of the good thoughts & wishes & prayers were (& still are) appreciated.

:P melissa

Thanks for the update, Melissa.

I'm glad your surgery went well, Nina, and I hope you continue to recover and feel better!

Lots of love,

Megan

Hi Everyone, just a quick hello (and thank you to Sunfish). I've been sleeping a lot--at last. In the hospital, I was having trouble sleeping on the pain meds and then I would forget to breathe... when my o2 sats dropped below 90, there was lots of beeping. Also, my bp and hr were really, really low. The've taken me off of Cozaar until my bp comes back up on it's own.

I'm sore, but all things considered, I'm okay. A load off, indeed!

Nina

I had a delicious night's sleep. Ahhhhhhh. My "on Q" pain pump comes out later today when Teri gets home--we're supposed to pull it out ourselves. Ew.

Wilbur has been a crazy kitty--yesterday morning he ran across my chest--in case you all heard a blood curdling scream at about 6am yesterday, that was me.

I'm still working on clearing my body of all that anesthesia--I'm shakey, and get dizzy much faster than usual. I can sit up for a few minutes (I'm using my upright time well, yes? ;) on the computer...of course). Every time I sit for a few minutes I fall asleep, so I guess my body needs it. Sunfish--thanks for chatting w/ Teri yesterday; I dozed in and out while she talked to you but was too out of it to sit up and say hi. I don't know if you heard Wilbur meowing in the background at all, but he kept pouncing on me--he wants his momma to play. Thankfully, he was pouncing on my FEET this time. :o

Now my biggest hurdle is to get my guts moving again. My belly is so full that it looks like I'm about to give birth-- sorry, I know it gross :) but it's what happens with the motility issues. Glycolax and a few cups of coffee--I'm hoping for ignition soon :)

BTW, even with the pain and the big belly, I don't regret having the surgery at all. I can already tell that I look more of a normal, proportionate size for my body. It's hard to tell exactly what I'll look like b/c I'm still kind of bruised up and swollen, but to me, I think I look way better than before; AND I get the benefit of having a few pounds off the top of me where my neck was really hurting. I can't remember if I told folks here that I'm now herniated both above and below my fusion at c5-6, and I have some bony stuff pressing on nerves. Owie--so a few pounds less for my gnarly spine to keep upright.

Thanks for the support and encouragement.

Rest and try and stay cooll!! I am sure that Wilbur is well aware that something is up with Mom and that is why he is all over you. These animals of ours always know when something is up and want to check everything out!!

Take care and I hope that coffee does the trick for you---- :o

Ouch!---sorry about the experience with Wilber.

Take care of that spine of yours. EDS isn't good on that-- :o

I'm glad your feeling less pressure off your neck-----you don't need the extra weight pulling----plus the EDS.

So now your minus one problem--- :)

My cat Spencer is almost 20 pounds, and unfortunately when he is in his very loving moods he likes to jump on our backs. He's learning that he can not do this with me.

Hope your guts feel less miserable soon! I hate it when that happens................ :)

Maxine :0)

heya miss mouse -

i hope that you've now had a second night of good sleep, that the pain pump removal went without a hitch (and that you're not missing it too much!), that your GI tract is on the move, & that wilbur is not. i had a similar "encounter" with czar after my neck surgery in the past...he didn't know better but it also evoked a scream to be heard around the world. somehow he's now learned that my stomach/ chest is off limits with all my tubes...something that i was incredibly surprised about as it was a fave resting place for him, but maybe he understood when i gave him a talk that if he wanted to be allowed to be in the same room with me it just wasn't an option any more ;).

still thinking of ya....don't try to be too mighty too soon!!!

B) melissa

I had an okay night's sleep, thanks...and day's sleep too. ;)

I definitely DO notice that the pain pump is out... guess I should have expected that, yes? Teri and I took it out at 7pm--I peeled all the plastic sticky stuff--basically covering my entire abdomen, and Teri did the honors--I didn't even feel it, really. Anyone who wants to know about the pump can find the info on the "On Q" website. I liked that it was not an opiate and didn't need any power source to work.

As for not being too mighty too fast--well, I've been asleep more than I've been awake. However, I do have to give a final exam to my graduate students tonight; Teri will be driving me there and back. Hopefully I'll be able to look normal for about an hour :blink: and keep from falling asleep ;) I just drank an iced coffee to help me perk up...I feel groggy.

I have to work Thurs night too b/c my students are doing their final project presentations. I'll have to really work on my stamina b/c I figure that class will be a few hours. Oy. Teri may need to drive me to that one too depending on whether or not the doctor releases me to drive at my appt that day.

Now I have to find something to wear today that makes it harder to see the BEAUTIFUL B) surgical bra and gauze that I have to wear 24/7. Please think good thoughts that I don't pass out at class tonight.

Nina

Hi Nina,

I hope everything went ok with your class exam yesterday. Don't even think of trying to mark the papers until you are feeling totally recovered - no overdoing it, you hear me?

I wonder if you could get Wilbur to mark the papers? You know the ones he eats are good, the ones he bats about the floor are really good and the ones that get dragged into the mud get lower grades?? Not sure that the faculty would approve though.

Take care,

Flop

Flop, thanks for the laugh! I needed that... Wilbur DID eat some of the corners of the exams already--BEFORE I gave them. He grabbed them off the printer and put holes in them :)

I'm so out of it today. I feel like my head is full of fog. I didn't sleep well--my asthma kicked up something awful and coughing just makes everything hurt. When I did finally fall asleep, I had the sweats. It's supposed to rain tonight, which I am hoping, hoping, hoping for because it will wash the pollen out of the air and keep my asthma under control.

Wilbur must know something's up with me today. For the first time, he's been sleeping on my lap---he's NOT a lap cat, more like a running laps cat. It's sweet because I need the company and he makes the cutest noises while he falls asleep--chirping and mummuring sounds.

nina