Who Has Or Previously Has Had.....

Just wondering, I know I have spoken with some of you (flop, jacquie, etc) who not only have POTS but HAVE HAD or currently DO HAVE diagnosed TRUE SVT --

Can those of you who have had or currently DO HAVE a TRUE type of SVT (NOT sinus tachycardia) that has been definitively diagnosed tell me a couple things:

1. How'd they diagnose it (holter, event, EP study, loop, etc) and how long did it take them TO capture it?

2. What were your symptoms?

3. What have they done (ablation, meds,etc) to eliminate the SVT.

4. WHAT TYPE of SVT did/or do you have (atrial tachy, mutifocal atrial tachy, atrial flutter, atrial fib, SA nodal reentry, AVNRT,etc)

Look forward to hearing from you true SVTers.

cardiactec.

1. How'd they diagnose it (holter, event, EP study, loop, etc) and how long did it take them TO capture it? I had a holter and also an event monitor.

2. What were your symptoms? Runs of fast beats.

3. What have they done (ablation, meds,etc) to eliminate the SVT. Nothing.

4. WHAT TYPE of SVT did/or do you have (atrial tachy, mutifocal atrial tachy, atrial flutter, atrial fib, SA nodal reentry, AVNRT,etc) I have no idea.

1) Finally documented on 48 hr Holter (being done to see how brady I was getting at night on my tiny dose of Bisoprolol). Had EP study - nothing found, Have Reveal device in situ but only on patient activated setting and told to only record true syncope.

2) Short runs of rapid regular palpitations, sudden onste and termination with associated chest pain.

3) It has virtually been eliminated by my beta blocker. No specific treatment for the SVT as it only happened once a month or so.

4) Atrial tachycardia

Flop

1. Diagnosed through 30-day holtor monitor, then seen on even just 24-hr monitors as I was doing it so much. Showed two years ago, but no one did anything about it until just a few weeks ago.

2. Symptoms: Felt my heart speed way up to almost fluttering, with or without chest pain, dependent upon length of run and if I was having strong palps at the time. Sometimes got dizzy, maybe short of breath.

3. Had heart ablation a few weeks ago. So far, so good. Was on heart medication for years, but SVT began to break through a lot.

4. I had Flutter, fib, atrial tachycardia, heart block, a lot of irregular beats / PVC's. What was found during electrophysiology study with ablation was that I had two pathways in my heart. My POTS would set me into a low tach (120's-140's), then I'd "skip tracks" and go onto the second pathway, allowing my heart to beat twice as much. I also had numerous "potentials," places in my heart that would throw their own beats. My doctor said my heart was a circus.

Good luck. I hope you find answers soon and get to feeling better.

LindaJoy

. How'd they diagnose it (holter, event, EP study, loop, etc) and how long did it take them TO capture it? Loop monitore, a few months.

2. What were your symptoms?Premature atrial contraction then my heart took off

3. What have they done (ablation, meds,etc) to eliminate the SVT. Increased med at the time, nothing other than tiny dose of beta since

4. WHAT TYPE of SVT did/or do you have (atrial tachy, mutifocal atrial tachy, atrial flutter, atrial fib, SA nodal reentry, AVNRT,etc) PAT-parxosymal atrial tachycardia