Two Requests For Good Thoughts

MightyMouse

Hi everyone. Some may recall that my stepfather, Pat, has been fighting melanoma for many years. For the past few months, he's been living in Venezuela for work--and his hip and leg were bothering him, so he went to the local medical center.

A scan seems to show possible masses (again). This time, they're looking at his ribs and his brain. He's returned to his home in NY for more follow-up scans. Please think good thoughts that his cancer has not returned--this time last summer he was operated on for melanoma in his liver--and previously, he's lost a lobe of his lung and also his left eye (where the melanoma started on his retina).

This Friday is my surgery to reduce my chest size to one that's normal for a 4'11'' woman. I'm not too nervous, except for the fact that Teri can't be there b/c her new job is sending her to be the host of a conference in St. Louis. One of my friends will be taking me to the hospital, and bringing me home once I'm released (usually on Sat)--and another friend will be looking after me and the cats. I know it's not nearly as big a deal as my stepdad though, in the grand scheme of things.

Nina

Nina,

I will be keeping you and your step father in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there was more i can say, I will be praying for you both. Sending ((((((HUGS))))))) from Iowa!

nina,

i am sending good wishes to the both of you. i am very sorry to hear your stepfather is doing bad again. i hope things will turn out okay.

as i have written before my sister had the same kind of surgery and she felt soooooo happy after everything was okay again. it may take a while, so please lsiten to your doctors advise and take very good care of yourself. best wishes to teri as well, she must feel awful having to be at work while you?re having this surgery.

i will be thinking of you this friday and hope that everything will go well nina!!!

take care,

corina :P

Hey Nina,

I'm thinking of both of you, and hoping for the best for you both. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

So sorry to hear about your stepfather. I will be in great prayer.

And as for you, take good care of yourself! I will be in prayer for you also. Hang in there!

Hugs!

Nina,I am sending both you and your stepfather good thoughts and prayers.

Hugs Pat

Positive thoughts for your step-dad and yourself. Surgery is always stressful even if it is seemingly "minor". I hope everything goes well and the surgery brings some relief to you.

Carmen

Hi Nina,

I'm sorry to hear about what is going on with your stepdad. I hope that all goes well and that he gets a good report from the doctor. I also hope your surgery goes well, that you won't feel too lonely, and that you will be well taken care of through it all. I will be thinking of you and your stepdad and remembering you both in my prayers.

Best wishes,

Rachel

I am very appreciative of all your good thoughts--for my stepdad (still haven't heard anything yet), and for me (surgery is 8am tomorrow).

I'm trying not to focus on the fact that Teri is away--she's feeling very, very guilty and I keep trying to tell her it's okay. It's a very new job (first month) for her and skipping a conference that highlights the products she represents is just not an option.

I'm busy trying to get ready today. I have to teach tonight and then pack up my overnight bag, meds that they don't have at the hospital (pretty much everything I take!), some gingerale b/c I only like one kind and it really helps me after surgery, and, of course, my favorite pillow so I can sleep.

Love to you all. Michelle, Melissa and some of our volunteers will be keeping an eye out for things until I'm up and about.

Thanks again! I'm still not packed...! Oy!!! :rolleyes:

I just finished straighten up the house b/c I won't be allowed to do so when I get home--and feeding Wilbur and Abbi. Now, off to put together an overnight bag with all the necessary items.

Nina

sending lots of good wishes & positive thoughts & prayers your way! and no worries about things here...take all the time to recoop that you need. i'll tell my body that it's especially important to stay crisis free :rolleyes:

i'm keeping your stepdad in my thoughts & prayers as well. and hoping teri isn't too hard on herself for having to be away.

B) melissa