Rain And Pots

Chrissy

I find that when it rains my POTS symptoms get worse. The harder it rains the worse I feel. Anyone else have this?

I have noticed that when a large front is coming through, I tend to get worse, perhaps it is becuase of the pressure changes, but im not sure. But yes like today it is raining for me, and i just feel awful, i have either been laying or bed or sitting here at the computer in my chair where i dont have to hold up my head. Hope you feel better soon!

I'm glad you asked this question because I thought it was just me thinking this. My Beth is more symptomatic when it rains or when the humidity is high. We had high humidity with storms 2 days ago and she was sick most of the day. Tachycardia, chest pain, trouble breathing and eventually passed out during the thunderstorm. This wasn't the first time she has been sick during bad weather. I think the pressure changes and humidity levels definitely effect her.

That is so odd, I have been having a good spell lately, and my sister commented " I dont think your body likes the rain" I laughed at the time, but now the weather has changed , I am definitely having better days!!. :o I am so glad I logged on tonight as it is all these comments that help me make some sense of this condition!!!

Take care, Liz B

:(

I'm glad you asked this question because I thought it was just me thinking this. My Beth is more symptomatic when it rains or when the humidity is high. We had high humidity with storms 2 days ago and she was sick most of the day. Tachycardia, chest pain, trouble breathing and eventually passed out during the thunderstorm. This wasn't the first time she has been sick during bad weather. I think the pressure changes and humidity levels definitely effect her.

I have the same problem. I have been dx with dysautonomia(POTS) Sometimes I dont even think that is what i have because I never have a rapid or slow heart rate. I do have severe palpitations though( pVCs) I noticed that every time it get really humid (during or after a heavy rain in hot weather, or when it is really foggy) I feel like i am smothering to death. When coming home the other day from the store, I had to stick my face in the air conditioning vent to breath. I felt like I was in a sauna and could not breath. It felt like someone was standing on my chest. I started having strange skipped beats again. I get really anxious when it storms because I get so unable to breath. I have always been a cold natured person , but now I have to leave the air on while I sleep or I smother.

ann