Electrolyte Tablets

yogini

The DINET Spring Newsletter mentions S!Caps, which are electrolyte tablets buffered for your stomach. I've tried and could not tolerate Thermotabs, which are also buffered. I am wondering whether the S!Caps are any different?

Also, in Googling S!Caps, I came across these other electrolyte tablets: Nuun (www.nuun.com) and Zym (www.gozym.com). Both of these are tablets for low-cal electolyte drinks with little or no sugar. (These are just two brands I found, but there may be others too.) I feel like I've been looking for something like this for 3 years. Electrolytes without sugar seems perfect for POTS.

Before I bought any of these, I just wanted to see whether any of you had tried them?

i haven't used any of these but have used Emergen-C, which i liked. it's not a tablet but rather a powder; it comes in individual packets to be mixed with water. i know some others here have used it as well. it comes in several varieties (both in regard to taste & contents). i bought mine at Trader Joes as they had a great variety to choose from & i was a frequent shopper there when i lived in maryland, but i think i've seen it elsewhere over the years & know that it can be bought online as well. i usually diluted it more than "directed" just out of taste preference. emergen-c isn't anywhere near the salt content of pure salt tablets, but if i recall correctly (aka don't quote me on this) it has higher sodium content than gatorade. for me it was a nice adjunct/ supplement in terms of variety.

:) melissa

My whole family drinks Emer'gen-C. Usually when we feel a cold coming on. I should drink it daily, thanks Sunfish for the reminder about the electrolytes in it. I like tangerine the best. It is a fizzy drink. I buy it at woodmans, walmart carries it also here in Wisconsin.

It has 60mg of sodium, gatorade has 90. But...it does have 200mg of potassium vs gatorade's 25 mg.

It has 20 calories, 1,000mg of vitamin C, B vitamins. 32 mineral complexes total.

I do best with my sodium by eating lots of green olives. I tried buffered salt tabs without success.

Dawn

Thanks guys and Melissa, good to see you back on the board. Emergen-C doesn't have enough salt for me and it also has sugar or aspartame, which I'm trying to stay away from. Also, I take a high potency multi-vitamin, so don't want a product with too many extra vitamins. Currently I drink an organic broth which has 750 mg of sodium per cup, but is hard on my tastebuds and stomach and not very portable. Also I drink Smartwater, which has trace amounts of electrolytes. But I'd be thrilled if one of these electrolyte tablets works - I will have to check them out and report back.

Hey there,

I've never tried actual pills for electrolytes, but I like the storebrand "On the Go" Performance Drink Mix that comes in a powder to be mixed with a bottle of water. There are other kinds out there, but the Kroger one has only 10 or so calories and 200 mg sodium with I don't remember how much potassium... i looked at other brands and forms but some seem to have maybe only 50 or 70 mg of sodium or have sugar.