No More Sex?

jenwic

I used to not be bothered by sex when I first got POTS, but recently I am. After sex, I feel like I get a lot of adrenaline pumping through my system and I can't sleep well that night. I have a fast heart rate and rushes of adrenaline. Also, the next day I am still not back to normal.

I am very frustrated. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes, had the same reaction for years. Sex at night has wound me up for YEARS.

Try to find another time of day and move as little as possible during...maybe lie on side or something. I am not currently involved with anybody but just take things slow...this also causes many other issues...too detailed to go into here.

But I would not stop sex with a loved one..you just have to ADAPT to the situation.

:)

Oh my, yes! I get so ill immediately after sex, it's so frustrating. It's like a stomach flu hits me... weakness, chills, heart racing (and not the good kind like during the big "O"!) and feels like adrenaline is surging through my body and it scares me as I feel like I'm dying. The past year I get sick just from just laying there without the big "O" for some reason, so it's not just the intense stimuli that is causing all the problems, it doesn't really make sense always. It also usually takes 2 or 3 days before my body settles down. If my husband's apendage wouldn't "fall off" without sex, I'd definitely consider it one of the activities that my body just can't handle any more. But I always tease my husband that if things ever get good enough for me to be back in commission, he's in for many long nights to make up for lost time :)

- Tammy

I have had problems with this for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could easily never have sex again, the inderal and SSRI have taken away any

sex drive at all.

I feel awful during, after and also the next day.

My husband is not on the same page. It is a source of friction between us.

Wish I had some suggestions for you.

Dawn

It's nice to know I'm not alone (although not nice for you all :) Usually I feel better if I just avoid the big "O" but then I feel like my husband thinks I'm not into it at all. We talk about it but it is still frustrating.

I would definitely suggest trying it out earlier in the day rather than cutting it out altogether!!! Sometime when you have a little bit of time to lie back, rest with your feet up, drink some gatorade, and so on... I mean, I wouldn't think it'll ever be as symptom-free as for a "normal" person, but it doesn't make it completely joyless.

I suffer for a week after, can barely breathe, in so much pain and stiffness cos of EDS, heart racing and just generally feel dreadful.