Tachy During The Night

I am on nortriptyline for getting to sleep and staying asleep since i dont sleep well because of pain. Lately i have been waking up several times during the night from being all tachy, my heart is just going so fast it wakes me up. Its really annoying because i then cant get back to sleep for like an hour and then once i do, i wake back up again cause my heart is racing!

I'm not sure if my meds just arent working as well since i have been taking them for about 10 months now or if i just never had problems wiht my heart racing during the night before. But if anyone knows of any ways to make this not happen so much, or get back to sleep if it does, i would really apprechiate the help, thanks. I guess i just might have to change my meds, idk we will see, i thought these worked pretty well but maybe just not for such a long period of time.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary - what dose of nortriptyline are you taking? It's a second generation tricyclic antidepressant that is used in smaller doses for chronic pain and to aid sleep. One of the side-effects can be tachycardia so talking to your doctor about this new symptom would be a good idea. They might want to try changing the dose you take or trying an alternative sleep/pain med such as gabapentin or pregabalin?

Hope the tachy settles down soon,

Flop

Right now i am on 50mg. I used to take gabapentin every day like 1,000mg i believe...but then it stopped working since i was on it for a while, man that seems to happen alot!

I will deffinetly let my doctor know when they call me back this week, because it certainly is annoying to be more tired than the norm.

Thanks for the help!

Mary