Vertigo strikes again

My family and I decided to have a nite out and go see some movies. We have a great little theater in town that shows movies for 3 bucks, all the time 2 buck for kids before 6pm. The first movie we saw was The Day After Tommarrow, not really all that bad. I had the worst feelling of vertigo during many of the swooping, or flying scenes. :rolleyes:

To make matters worse, we then went to Spider Man 2, I nearly got sick.

I felt so confused afterward, I lost my little pill case. I told the Manager, no good. They search all over for it! They were really very nice about it.

The last few days have been really bad all around.

My pain has gotten bad enough so I can't sleep very well. My Bp has been dropping to low a lot, I don't want to eat, or over eat, YUK! It doesn't help the have the flickering lights before my eyes either.

:(

I guess I'm just ranting again, but I really need to. It's been really wonderful to have people to talk to who know what you're going thru. I was reconmemded this site by my Aunt, A cardio nurse. She was the one who suggested I get tested for the POTS. :)

Back to the vertigo, it also strikes when I'm sleeping. Of course, DOc says "i'm OK".

Blackwolf :(

:(

I get vertigo during the night. It isn't unusual for me to wake up clutching the edge of the matress because I have the feeling I will fall off of it. I also can't watch things on TV that have a lot of motion in them; like "Cops" or "24" where they tend to be moving a lot with the camera. These disorient me terribly!

My wife gets it all the time. There are some meds that you can get to help the feeling. She doesn't like watching movies much, so we don't run into that very often, but there have been a number of times where it has been an issue. She just went through a bunch of ENT tests that all came back negative.

I have the flickering of my vision too. They couldn't explain it but I see a neurologist at the end of the week, maybe he'll have answers for me.

I've had problems with vertigo and dizziness. Many years ago I used to play this game called Quake online with my friends. The 3D motion of the game would make me so dizzy and nauseated that after 5 minutes I thought I was going to be in the bathroom on the floor. I had to stop playing the game. When I go to the movies I can't watch the beginning where they have the roller coaster effect of the film clip into the movie theatre, that makes me sick. And ahhh yes, I went and watched spiderman last night with my kids and there were a few scenes where they spun the camera around and I had to look at the floor because it made me dizzy.

Now when I go to the movies and I realize that they are doing that kind of filming in certain scenes, I just look at the floor. It stops the dizzy feeling. Don't shut your eyes, that usually doesn't work but look down. It's motion sickness that your experiencing.

steph

Thanks for the ideas, I'll give some of it a try. I reciently tried some over the counter drugs, no luck yet, but I'll keep looking. :rolleyes:

As to the motion sickness, it seems to be getting really bad.

Does any one have trouble with flashing lights? Out of service stoplights, light bars on trucks and emergency equipment really make me feel bad to. And strobe lights on TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Blackwolf