Diarrhea

tsampa

I have diarrhea very easily. I did any allergy test to elinate all the food I am allergic or intolerant and this as helped me much. I have to control what I eat all the time. I take immodium only when I have gastro-enteritis.

Ernie

I was having very bad diarrhea for months, and when I wasn't, my stools were very loose. Taking Medimucil twice a day helps with the loose stools, and since I've been on Zoloft, it's helped a whole lot with the pain and gas that I was having.

I suffered from chronic diarrhea for 6 years prior to the onset of POTS. I saw numerous gastro's, had tons of tests, took different meds, etc...nothing helped. Finally I found a PCP who was smart enough to send me for allergy testing and I was diagnosed with food intolerances to dairy, eggs, and wheat/gluten. This has been a lifesaver, and as long as I follow a strict diet I don't have problems with my stomach anymore. Lots of POTS patients have food intolerances, which has interested my doc the the point tat he is now sending all his POTS patients for testing, just to be sure :) I would recommend it- if the tests come out normal then you can explore new avenues. Good luck, I know it is no fun. Immodium only works for me when I have viral diarrhea, not the food related kind.