Neurontin

My neurologist just put me on Neurontin, to hopefully prevent migraines and help with the neuropathy pain. She's starting me on a low dose of 100mg twice a day and in about a month i'll be on 900mg (300 mg three times a day). I was just wondering if anyone else is on it for the same reasons. And if you are or have been...did it help?? what kind of side effects did you get? Basically what was your experience?

I've been on neurontin to help with migraines and neuropathies for about a year now; I was on it also after my spinal surgery to help with nerve pain. I have no noticeable side effects except I was a little drowsy at 900mg 3x a day, so we went down to 900 2x a day--that was the first time was on it. Now I'm at 600 mg 2x a day, and I've done much better with the headaches.

I hope it helps you if you decide to take it. Nina

my wife has hemiplegic migraines, hypermobility (EDS), she's in between POTS & NCS (per dr. grubb: shows symptoms of both) and small fiber neuropathy. she sees the dr. mark stillman @ cleveland clinic (he is head of the headache clinic). he put her on 1200 mg of neurontin (600 x 2/day) as well as magnesium oxide 400 mg and CO-Q 10 200 mg (both of these are over the counter supplements). the 3 combined are supposed to help w/the migraines although she still gets them when she has a syncopal episode. she also takes 120 mg inderal and 150 mg effexor (which is supposed to help w/headaches as well). i don't think she is having many side effects if any.