Really Scary While In Sleep Transition Phase Heart Breathing

ok im really freaked out now this has been going on awile almost everytime i am trying to fall asleep just as im drifting off it feels as though my breathing ceases and then my heart starts pumping away and as soon as i am fully awake again it goes back to normal/// rember i am not sleeping yet when this happens but starting to drift off//////my interpretation is that im not breathing enough and my heart has to beat harder and faster to get oxygen to the brain.....now i know i dont snore....my dad has sleep apnea but the kind where u snore and it only happens once hes asleep and he says he doesnt get this feeling like i have/// now mind you ive had an echocardiogam ekgs blood work eeg mri of the brain all nomral and a treadmill stress test normal except fpr a little tachy but this happens all the timeim very concerned as i dont know what this is at all....i had a 24 hor holter monitor at ist like 9 months ago but it showed nothing,,,,,now ****** i know theres somthign wrong...this is why i gasp for air as im falling asleep i put it together as my body relaxes the slightest bit this happens HELP ME! does anyone know what this is

I know it's a scary feeling, fortunately it happens to me pretty rarely. But I understand the feeling. Maybe you notice as you are relaxing in bed that your breathing gets shallower and shallower. For me, just as I'm about to fall asleep, I panic and my heart pounds - it's as if I think when I do go to sleep, I'll quit breathing (kind of like Ondine's curse). Can't say don't worry about it, but I have had these events going back at least 8 years and am still breathing okay. I think you would have to have pure autonomic failure for it to be potentially dangerous.

I have an aunt who sleeps with an oxygen system (wears the mask all night, gentle flow from a tank next to her bed, etc.) because of the results of a sleep study she had; not POTS related. Actually, her husband also sleeps with oxygen....I think they have trouble breathing partly due to the extent of the obesity....but anyhow, maybe it's something that could help you. How do you ever sleep if you can't breathe though?

I have an aunt who sleeps with an oxygen system (wears the mask all night, gentle flow from a tank next to her bed, etc.) because of the results of a sleep study she had; not POTS related. Actually, her husband also sleeps with oxygen....I think they have trouble breathing partly due to the extent of the obesity....but anyhow, maybe it's something that could help you. How do you ever sleep if you can't breathe though?

i sleep becasue it doesnt happen all the time but i notice it enough to worry me/its usually as im falling asleep or just waking up...and no i havent yet had a sleep study but im pretty sure thatll be next on t he list.....im not obess or even chubby so it cant be becasue of that,,,,,:) oh the misery! i also get a feeling of internal trembling at times as im laying there