Blood Pressure Question

Tammy

Anyone know what it means when your blood pressure numbers are very close together? A lot of times my blood pressure will be 96/78 or 101/88 and so on. I've heard that a healthy blood pressue should have 30 between them but since mine doesn't, what is wrong? Is it just part of having POTS?

- Tammy

Tammy,

When the numbers in your bp are close together it means that you have a low pulse pressure. That means the pressure is almost the same when the heart is pumping and when it is resting. The heart isn't circulating blood well when this happens. Low pulse pressure can cause fainting. Yep, it is part of having POTS. Not everyone has a low pusle pressure, but some of us do.

Hope that all made sense. Maybe someone else can explain it better!

Rachel

Thanks for the info! It makes so much sense as to why I feel so awful when my numbers are close together. It does tend to happen immediately after I've tried to do minor housework, ie., standing by the sink to do dishes, scrubbing the fish tank, ect. It usually takes about an hour and a half for me to regain enough strength to stand up after this happens. Very frustrating. Anyone know if there are any medications out there to specially address this problem? Thanks.

Tammy