I Past Out This Morning....

Angela,

I'm so glad to hear that you have a week since your faint without another one. I guess that some of us who do/did faint regularly forget how awful the first one feels. Hopefully that was a one-off episode and it won't happen again but just in case it does reccur, it never feels as bad as the firt time.

You said in earlier posts that the florinef seemed to get rid of your warning symptoms so maybe it was being on florinef that was the problem not the fact that you were reducing the dose. I'd follow your doctors advice about coming off florinef and see how you feel when it is properly out of your system - maybe its not the right med for you? We all seem to react so differently to meds that you just have to use trial (and error) to find the right combination for you.

Another friend of mine had taken florinef in the past and stopped it as it wasn't working - they tried it again later on and it helped. Unfortunately you have to accept that our POTS bodies are really odd and often not predictable.

There is a lot of good advice about aborting fainting episodes and how to help yourself recover in previous posts on this thread so I won't bore you with my experiences. If you prepare yourself mentally for another faint it probably won't happen but if it does you'll know how to deal with it - fingers crossed you never need to!

Keep standing (or sitting/lying down in a hurry),

Flop