I Hate To Even Write This...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all!

I apologize, as I am the one who started all of the confusion about what address to post for Melissa and whether or not to post her last name. Nina, that is a good idea that folks can always send things to DINET's main address...

But, I also know it's just one more thing for Michelle to do!

Soooo..........

Here's an address for Melissa that will always be 'up-to-date'....

Melissa Mambort

4623 Penridge Road

Toledo, OH 43615-1103

Keep the cards coming and the fun stuff too! Every time I hear from her I get a report on the fun cards and things she has received (Katherine, she got your cute card! And Rachel, she loved the sunfish! ;))

As for an update, I'll try to post more a bit later today. Melissa is still not at home--she's in the short-term nursing facility, mostly for the purpose of getting her antibiotics. She will be home at the EARLIEST later next week.

I think the only highlight of being at this place is the OT--which comes in the form of getting a shower in a reclining wheelchair. So, she is enjoying getting those on a regular basis. Her kitty Czar, came to visit her as the 'Easter Kitty', and she has had some friends come to visit.

I haven't posted more updates recently b/c there just isn't a lot to post right now...there are a lot of things to figure out and how to make things managable at home and what in the world to do to keep the sepsis from coming back...

Persephone--I know you mean well, but Melissa will never be able to take a long soak in the tub. She is lucky to get a very quick shower (which exhausts her for the whole day) once a month. That is why the showers at this facility with the help of the OT and the special wheelchair are such a treat. Even at home, Melissa is very sick...but still her own bed is better than the ones at the hospitals!

Thank you all for your support...I can tell you how much it means to Melissa....A LOT.

Love, Emily

Oh, Melissa, you've been there for me this year with words of encouragement, support and just plain knowledge, so I could get through. Please, please know I'm here for you, too!! Take care and know big, strong, but not too squeezey that your little fishy eyes bug out, hugs are there for you right now!!

LindaJoy

Melissa,

I hope you're warm and comfy in your own bed now. Take care sweet girl, and I'm sending lots of love always.

oh thank you for the update em!

Melissa Im so glad that your kitty came to visit you as the easter kitty! how cute!! lol.. also its great that OT is find ways for you to get a shower.. i know youve SOOOOOOOO got to loving that up!! can they hook you up with one fo those reclining thingys for home? with help of course... I know it poops ya out.. but atleast it would be there for you.. so youd have the option ya know.. take care honey still thinking and praying for you.. wish i could get there to see you! and give youa hug in person!

love and hugs

linda

hey.. wondering how melissa is doing.. was she able to get home? How is she doing this week? thanks!

melissa still thinking of you and prayers and good thought being beemed your way

love and hugs

linda :huh:

Hi,

I am also wondering if anyone has an update on Melissa...

Jacquie

okay, i'm going to peek out of my current fishbowl for a SHORT update as i've managed to log on via dial up.

i don't have the energy (physical or emotional) to give the "whole scoop" at the moment, but on a very basic level of easy-to-relay facts, i'm still at the skilled nursing/ extended care/ sub-acute care/ whatever whoever is talking wants to call it facility. i should be discharged to home on monday (as all of my antibiotics will be finishing up late night on sunday), but as most of you know the reality is that it's sort of a ticking time bomb at this point in terms of how long that will last. i've had two "field trips" this week to the hospital via ambulence, but not emergent; a new PICC line on wednesday (needed toward end of Abx treatment) and follow-up CT scan today (from the pancreatitis, fluid in abdomen, etc). that's the boring, easy update info; the rest will have to wait for later.

as always thanks for the continued prayers, good thoughts, messages, offers of help, flowers & other assorted deliveries, & anything else i may have forgotten. in the midst of a lot of really tough stuff they truly do brighten my days.

love always,

:) melissa

Melissa-

I was so excited to see your post when I logged on :)

Things sure sound pretty rough, but I am thrilled that you had the chance to communicate for even a brief post. We are all thinking of you.

I hope the transition home goes as planned. Take care and continued well wishes being sent!!

Melissa,

it was really good to see your post. I'm glad that you are coming to the end of this latest course of antibiotics.

I'm looking forward to seeing you post from your own fishbowl and hearing about you being reunited with your kitty. Unusual friendship that - a fish and a cat, I hope you don't have a Tom and Jerry relationship.

Best wishes,

Flop

*&^%$$!@#!%

ok...trouble posting due to FLOOD control??? it has been a minute or so but I digress.,,it's minutiae in the great scheme of things..

Melissa, I am glad to see you posted an update such as it was..I come here to see if there are updates on you...sorry you have still been struggling so....I can only imagine the lesson in patience and living in THE MOMENT you must practice...hope you get back to your own bed soon and your family and cat.

Sending thoughts and prayers.

Sophia

p.s. A pretty photo I found online

5856986-md.jpg

UPDATE:

Hi everyone... just a very quick update for you all. Melissa did not go home today as planned. Instead, she is having a j-tube put in tomorrow (Tues) and so she has been transferred back to the hospital today for this surgery.

It is hard to face surgery and the pain following the placement of the tube (pretty big abdominal incision), but this is in many ways, a relief for Melissa who has been very concerned about how often her current tube becomes clogged. The new tube is placed differently and larger so less likely to get clogged. The care center decided that she must have it replaced before going home or she would be unable to get meds.

This won't solve the sepsis issues, however, it is something Melissa was hoping for and it has just come about very quickly and smoothly. Though she wants desperately to be home... this really is the easiest way and best time for this procedure to be done.

Please pray for her tomorrow during surgery (time unknown) and the couple of days of recovery before she really gets to go home.

And we may not hear anything for a couple of days... so no one panic... :-) Just keep our Sunfish in your prayers!

~Melanie