I Hate To Even Write This...

One of our wonderful dinet peers brought it to my attention it would be wise to delete some of Melissa's personal info due to dangers of the internet and I accidently deleted the entire post. Arrgghhh....I belong in a group home.

Again, it was a real pleasure meeting Melissa's parents. Mom was quite entertaining, especially considering the circumstances. I had wished I made them perogies beforehand but wasn't feeling well myself. Next time.

Our sweet Melissa is a sick cookie. Tubing and bags of IV stuff everywhere. In short, the doctors are bewildered and are trying to find a way to keep the sepsis from returning. I thought I'd get a better idea of things by visiting her but that's not the case. It's as if everything is at a stand still.

This is a quote from Melissa's business card that I thought was comforting.

"No matter what the weave on this side of the cloth looks like, God's creating something beautiful on the other side."from: Courage in Young Adults with Long-Term Health Concerns.

~Karen

xoxox

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melissa!!!

oooh I am soo sorry to hear this.. I am sending you so much love and healing thoughts and will be thinking of you everyday!

Take care and hoping you will be feeling better soon!

Much love and many hugs!

Stacey :-)

I was blessed to be able to speak with Melissa briefly today and got her permission to post an update.

The current plan is that she will be moved later today to another facility. This new facility is more along the lines of a short-term nursing facility that can continue to provide the nursing care she needs until she can go home.

Unfortunately, her situation remains extremely difficult and the reality is that it most likely will remain that way for the forseeable future. That's not to say she won't have any improvements at all but so far, the improvements are rather small given the scope of her overall situation.

I know many of us here can relate in some ways to being sick all the time and the daily frustrations of living with a chronic illness but truly, Melissa is fighting and struggling far more than most of us can even begin to relate to.

Our sunfish is a beautiful, courageous person and it should go without saying, given everything written above, that she needs and welcomes all the support, prayers, good thoughts, and love that we can give.

I'll wait until I know for sure that she's been transferred before posting the newest address.

Sweet Melissa,

I wanted to share this with you--Sunday night I was at a small group discussion and the question was asked around the room, "Who do you think of in your life as a hero" and my answer was YOU.

I know you have your struggles and at times must feel overwhelmed, frustrated and a host of other emotions that would be natural for you to have given the circumstances. I think of you as a hero because you have such a beautiful spirit, you are able to be real (both here on the boards and on your website) by tactifully telling people what is helpful and/or not helpful, you continually educate and inspire people you come in contact with---I could go on and on :)

I've not been through anything close to what you've been through but I have some sense of how difficult the daily fight can be (from my perspective) . So you are a hero in my eyes because not everyone is able to endure these unfair trials and remain as sweet, thoughtful and inspiring as you have been.

I hope today is a better day for you and that tomorrow and the days following will be successively better.

Sending lots of hugs your way.

Love,

Poohbear

Poohbear- that was a beautiful message.

Melissa-

I really only know you from this forum, your posts and website- what I have seen is an amazing woman of incredible strength, compassion, intelligence, faith and family, who is respected and admired by many.

You have given so much here through this forum, despite facing the most difficult medical challenges of your own. I can't imagine all the emotions you are feeling right now.

There are many here praying for you and hope that we somehow in some small way giving you strength and continued encouragement for the difficult road ahead.

dear melissa,

you must almost FEEL the love that everybody is sending you, including me of course. you are an enormous inspiration to me. i do hope that you will recover from this ssepsis soon and that you won't have to face any more trouble that gets you into hospital again.

thinking of you and sending all my best thoughts to you and your family,

love,

corina :)

and thanks to all of you who keep us informed about melissa!!!

thnakf or the updates ladies!

Melissa still thinking of you and sending prayers and some postive healing energy your way..

much love and hugs

linda

I spoke with Melissa last night. Hopefully, she'll be going home next Thursday. Now, that may sound like great news but it's not. Melissa qualifies for some extra home services because of the severity of things but she's not sure if she will implement them at this point.

I just wanted to let you all know I spoke with sweet Melissa.

~Karen

my goodness that made me cry reading that.. Im glad that she is going to go home.. but yet im scared for her too! my goodness...

melissa.. girl you are an inspiration to me.. I think of all that you have an are going thru..and how you still depsite how sick you are.. support all of us.. and are here for us.. your amazing...I hope that you can be comfortable.. and that you get to spend more time at home with family friends and your kitty czar of course!

But my point when i think of all youve been thru.. you give me inspiration to get thru the day and make the best of waht is handed to me... you are so full of love and light.. you hold on tight to that my dear!

we all love you and are hear rooting for you!

love linda

Hey Melissa,

I'm glad you're getting to escape from the hospital! Now you can enjoy all the home comforts that matter- a lovely long soak in the bath, lying in your own bed, surrounded by people who care about you, including your lovely pussy cat. I think about you all the time; I think you are amazing....all the advice you've given to everyone here, such a positive force and energy coming through in all of your posts. I know when I was first having real difficulties with grad school you gave me so many good ideas and suggestions- you helped me cope with something that seemed insurmountable. I hope now you can use that strength for yourself. Lots and lots of love,

P

Hi Melissa,

Glad to hear you are on your way home, or hopefully home by now. Keep hanging in there. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you. I'm praying that you have no more hospital stays and the infections stay away...

Jacquie

If ever you're not sure, you can always send cards or notes to the DINET address

To Melissa c/o

Dysautonomia Information Network

P.O. Box 55

Brooklyn, MI 49230

U.S.

and I'm sure Michelle would be more than happy to forward the letters to Melissa.

Nina