I Hate To Even Write This...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm posting this for Emily as she is worn out and feeling so yucky herself.

She spoke to Melissa's Mom last night and this is what we know right now.....

"She is responding to the abx for the sepsis and the pancreatitis is improving, however, her mom said that there were many other things going on yet to tackle and I do not know what all of those things are. She handed the phone to Melissa and I was able to just say hi, hear her voice, tell her I loved her and that was about it. "

One of her Dr's had a lengthy visit with her and they are happy with the team of Dr's that Melissa has right now. She is now in a private room which is also much better for her.

I know many of us feel helpless sometimes but I know your posts, emails, cards, good thoughts, love.....the ways in which we can offer support do help--- so keep those coming!!

Thanks Em, for keeping us updated!!

Melissa,

You are physically far away from me but you are ALWAYS close in heart, thoughts and prayers!!

Get out of that place soon or I'll have to come sing the song I sent to you (and I don't think you want to hear my singing!).

Seriously, I know you and your Dr's are working hard to get you better. I know it's an emotional roller coaster as well so I hope you have whatever YOU need to feel best in that aspect as well.

I love you!

Poohbear

I am so very sorry to see this. I hope she is comfortable. I am glad she is improving again and she has some good doctors working on her case. She is in my thoughts.

Thank you to Michelle, Emily and Pooh and others who are keeping in touch with her and and family and passing on messages of hope and love to her from us.

Katherine

melissa,

i am so sorry to hear you're in hospital again. glad though that you and your family are happy with the team of doctors that are working with you. you just hang in there, okay?! sending all my best and healing thoughts to you and your family,

love,

corina

In case someone reads all these messaged to Melissa, I wanted to post too tell you I am crying for you and the painful journey you are on. But even as we grieve, we know we have a hope that will not be disappointed. I am praying for you Beautiful!

Poohbear, I read the words to that song.... couldn't get Gilligan's Island out of my mind for hours LOL! I bet Melissa would love to hear you sing it!

Big hug dear sweet Melissa!

~Melanie

Dear Melissa,

You are loved and missed. I hope that the antibiotics continue to help. Keep fighting.

I'm glad to hear that you have a private room now. I think that whoever designed semi-private rooms in hospitals had never been in one himself! College roommates are one thing, but hospital roommates are another!

As always, I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Hang in there.

Rachel

Sending warm healing thoughts and prayers.

Hi melissa,

I'm praying across the pond for you, i really hope that you are better and out of the hospital soon and back with all of the people who love and care for you.

Muchas love

becks x x x

Melissa,

I hope you are well enough to soon read all of these messages. So sorry you have to continue to go through this horrible ordeal. I wish you a dramatic, fast and complete recovery and hope you can stay as comfortable as possible in the meantime.

Amy

Thank you Karen for visiting her and for this update. The first thing I wanted to do when I heard she was in the hospital was jump back on the airplane to see her.... but from the West Coast that's a little impractical!

Sounds like it's gonna be a long journey.... think I'll go ahead and send something to the hospital.

LOVE YOU MELISSA!

~Melanie

Katherine,

The address this time around is a different hospital.

She is at the Medical University of Ohio (formerly Medical College of Ohio) where Dr. Grubb is located.

Feel free to send her cards there. For some reason google is being tempermental and I can't get the address to come up.

But, so many folks here see Dr. Grubb I'm sure one of you can post the hospital address. Please just don't post her last name in the post. Thanks!

I MUST go to bed, but I did want to report that she picked up the phone for the first time tonight and called to check in. I felt such joy seeing her phone number pop up on my caller ID.

Karen pretty much summed things up...it's a long, hard battle ahead with total unknowns of how to proceed to keep the sepsis from returning, isolating where it is, etc. etc. How quickly the whole thing came on and how sick she got so fast are terrifying.

Thank you for all of your support....

Later alligators!

Emily

The address I have is:

University Toledo Medical Center

3000 Arlington Ave

Toledo, OH 43614

If someone can verify this that would be great but it's what I was given a couple of days ago.

**Melissa, I hope you are feeling better than you were and have been able to enjoy the company you had.

HUGS!

Poohbear