I Want To Be A Dog!

morgan617

My Westie, Chloe, has been very sick. She is being worked up for Atypical Addison's. She is now undergoing all of the same tests I have been through (like mom, like daughter) ;)

I have decided I REALLY want to be a dog. :(

Not one medical person, or non medical for that matter, has questioned her being sick. No one has diagnosed her with anxiety, panic, munchausen's (or me with it by proxy) hysteria, somatization, conversion, borderline, depression, attention seeking, dysthymia, mood disorders, sexual abuse issues, anger issues, or any other mental health issue.

I have been told by them, it doesn't matter what the tests results show, they go by symptoms and will treat her, because they know she is very sick....physically......

I really want to be a dog, I am already a *itch, I just wish it was CANINE form......sigh. :(

She will be in hospital till tomorrow at least, but is doing well, so am pretty certain she'll come home with very close monitoring....what a novel concept. <_<

I did send a letter to my doctor and asked them to send me my labs from a month ago, as they seem to be unable to call me with them. I even sent a self addressed stamped envelope as incentive. If I sound sarcastic, please see above diagnoses, which have all been applied to me, therefore I must have no control over emotions...plus I'm heading towards a super nova crash from the stress of said canine....my baby.

It always feels so good to the person venting, I apologize to the ventees..... :( wannabeadoggiemorgan

Not one medical person, or non medical for that matter, has questioned her being sick. No one has diagnosed her with anxiety, panic, munchausen's (or me with it by proxy) hysteria, somatization, conversion, borderline, depression, attention seeking, dysthymia, mood disorders, sexual abuse issues, anger issues, or any other mental health issue.

I understand I been though more of those you said, the dumbest one I got was the borderline. I hate that word. No though really I understand ut's like if a doctor can't find what's wrong with you in 5 mim. you are crasy, or depressed, as they could never just not have an anwsers to why you are sick...... sorry I could go on and on.......

Hope you doggie come home soon and will be back up and playing soon! <_<

Guest tearose

morgan, I know you a long time and there are two reasons at least I don't think being a dog would have been good for you.

first, we would not have had the pleasure and joy of you and your support and ventings!

second, with your history...you would have just eaten tainted dog food and been really sick and we would have been all worried and although you would survive, you would be terribly tormented by the horrible memories of the whole ordeal. And you would be saying "I wish I was a human".

You are physically sick and you don't need any validation from any lousy doctor!!!

I hope Chloe gets better soon.

hugs and warm wishes,

tearose

Morgan, dear...

You are absolutely right about vets being great doctors. These docs show real concern. They call you right back if you call with a question. They usually ask you to call them after treatment begins to let them know how they are doing.

If you were a dog, would POTS be better??? Perhaps because you would be closer to the ground so the effects of gravity would be less. But, as Terri has said, we wouldn't have had the pleasure of your friendship.

My schnauzer had been treated as if she had Addison's. She was taking Florinef. We could share the same prescription. Amazingly her Florinef dose was much stronger due to the different ways in which dogs metabolize medication.

I sure hope Chloe is feeling better. Carrie my Westie sends her licks and cuddles.

Loie

Oh my dear sweet Morgan,you are too funny,even if you don't mean to be. I too ,have been told all those things.My favorite is the Cardio, who told me all I needed was a man (BTW,I am a widow). Anyway Morgan, I really know where you are coming from,hang in there Woman.

I hope Chloe is doing better, Love P

hugs, good thoughts, & prayers to you & to your little chloe. i hope for both of you that she's home soon & feeling better.

i agree with the others that i'm glad you're not a dog (for our sake). but i've thought the same for myself at times. and since i often have to crawl if i try to leave my room these days i'd perhaps not be as bad off if i were meant to be on all fours anyway?

my mom has said that animals get treated better for years and i've never had reason to disagree.

<_< melissa

Chloe is home and we are all wiped by the stress of her illness. She has been shaved bald for ultrasounds and IV's. But she's home.

I am exhausted, and as I have crawled on all fours and expect I will again, it would be nice to have paws for knees! I'm glad you are glad I'm not a dog, but i swannee, I'd still be better off...... <_<

I sent an update to my doctor, regarding my health, with a discussion of this, it will be interesting to see how he reacts.....