The Different Causes Of Autonomic Dysfunction...

just wondering, i know there are many many different causes of autonomic dyfunction (EDS, neuropathies, post-viral, hyperadgrenic, etc) but i am wondering, symptom-wise, does anyone know potentially what the "lesser evil" type auto dys would be on daily function?

just curious if the type of autonomic dysfunction plays a role in function level (regarding symptom presentation, how limited, if at all, some of us are as compared to others who only deal with mild symptoms and function OK) ...

i have heard that hyperadergenic form of pots people can actually function somewhat better than compared to those with other types of auto dys, but i dont know if that is true or not.......

......anyone know anything regarding function level correlating with specific auto dysfunction classifcation/type?

I don't think any such information exists--and the range symptom expression is so vast, I don't think there's an answer to your query.

Nina

i'd agree with nina on this one. i don't think there's an answer to this other than - perhaps - some opinions of individuals not based on any type of evidence.

there are types that have better chances of recovery or improvement but it's still not a situation of everyone with one etiology will improve more or less than people of another etiology. and there are so many factors and unknowns involved that even this is grey area.

the only more cut & dry situation would be perhaps people who have autonomic dysfunction as part of an underlying systemic illness that is itself definitively progressive & thus automatically more disabling, i.e. as part of parkinson's disease.

there can also be a difference between CAUSE & TYPE of illness...not always, but sometimes. for instance the cause for someone could be viral, lyme, autoimmune or mito disease with the end result of any of the three being neuropathy.

the bottom line though is that while they know more than they did years back there is still SO MUCH they don't know or understand in the realm of ANS dysfunctions.

:huh: melissa

Guest tearose

not a clue either. I can address the fact that having hyperadrenergic OT and trying to live with it these past 16 years...it hasn't been easy, it hasn't gone away, I still can't predict the relapses, I can't work or do anything on a fairly regular basis...

unfortunately, we have few long term studies since this field is still so new.

tearose