A Potsy

Guest dionna

Guest dionna

***what is a potsy?***

a potsy is a person who:

~understands why it is so important to not take even the smallest things in life for granted

~learns how to count every blessing of everyday.

~knows what it is like to lose friends and even family members because they are misunderstood.

~can really appreciate a hug, an email, a text message, a call, or even a visit every now and then.

***what does a potsy look like?***

~an everyday person! they come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

a potsy isn't able to do very much in a single day. usually just getting out of bed is difficult to do. taking a shower can be impossible some days. doing simple chores around the house is enough to put a potsy in bed before dinner. having a full time career is out of the question. being able to go to school... very difficult and impossible for some. a potsy as a parent is a real blessing!

some are in a wheel chair full time, some only now and then, and others probably really need a chair but haven't been able to use one yet.

some can still drive and some had better not. some faint but all feel like they are going to faint at some point in time during the day.

there is no cure, but a typical potsy takes a lot of medication to try to control symptoms. all are advised to drink lots of fluids and eat a lot of sodium.

everyday brings about new symptoms and every potsy is different, but common everyday symptoms may include: lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, vertigo, chest pain, tachycardia (exceptionally fast heart rate), palpitations, breathing difficulties, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, intense stomach pains, postprandial hypotension (low blood pressure after eating), swelling, joint and muscle pains, sensitivies to foods... chemicals... light... sound, migraines, headaches, muscle spasms, tremors, sweats, chills, heat intolerance, excercise intolerance, insomnia, hypersomnia, fatigue, low grade fevers, eye pains, pupil adnormalities, visual disturbances, brain fog, memory loss, and many many more.

everyday a potsy asks his/herself, is today going to be a "good" day or a "bad" day?

if it is a "good" day- will i be able to get a few of my tasks done?

if it is a "bad" day- "am i going to fall and break a bone or dislocate a joint?"

so... if you ever feel it in your heart to help a potsy... just simply saying hello or giving them a visit could be the best medication they received all day or for some all week or month.

spread the word about Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome... pass this on... it is so hard to find even physicians who know what it is... help the small potsy community... help others get the right diagnose quicker!

DYSAUTONOMIA- it is REAL!

i made this up this morning and i started spreading it by emailing it to some of the people i have as contacts. i thought i would share it with you all! if any of you have any other ideas of how to describe a "potsy"... i think it would be fun to read them!

i hope this was okay to post... if not i truly do apologize!

dionna

Guest tearose

Thank you for this beautifully written story from your heart!!!

I am so glad you did this and shared it here!

I have no question that it will enlighten others.

Isn't it so wonderful to know we are not alone in this healing journey?

have a peaceful day,

tearose

semper-fi !

Dionna, I love your What is a Potsy? post! It is creative and inspiring,it brought tears to my eyes. I want to thank you for taking the time to write it.It rings so true.I will certainly pass it on.

Oh and by the way, what is a potsy? It is me!!!!!!!!!

Love and Hugs Pat

Guest dionna

everyone is welcome to pass "what is a potsy" along to anyone!!! i write things about pots all the time! i guess i should start posting them and sharing them. :)

thank you all for your nice replies!!!

dionna :blink:

• 2 years later...

wow, i just found this here tonight as I'm learning my way around here.

thank you for writing this as I'd like to pass it around to those in my life who just don't get it.

maybe hearing it from someone else will help.

thanks.