Natural Ways To Make Our Bodies Create Less Epi

Primetime

Hi. These work for me:

Keep your blood sugar stable by not eating refined sugar. Stick to complex carbos from nature like whole grains.

Avoid allergens in your diet as they definitely cause epi rises.

When you exercise, warm-up very slowly. A rapid increase in work increases epi. For those who make epi from just thinking about simple movements, still whatever you can do gradually is better.

Be sure you have enough magnesium in your diet. GABA and taurine are also natural membrane and nervous system stabilizers and may lower epi.

If you are an unbalanced methylator (meaning you are generally low, but high in some places), then your NET transporter gene may be turned off and too much epi stays in your blood stream and isn't doing its work in the cell membrane. Hypomethylators usually need folate, B12, B6 and/or betaine.

Vit D sensitizes epi receptors so your body needs less epi to do the work if you have enough D in your system. If you stay indoors because of sensitivity to heat with POTS, then maybe you need to take some D.

There must be more so maybe others can chime in.

Hi. These work for me:

Keep your blood sugar stable by not eating refined sugar. Stick to complex carbos from nature like whole grains.

Avoid allergens in your diet as they definitely cause epi rises.

When you exercise, warm-up very slowly. A rapid increase in work increases epi. For those who make epi from just thinking about simple movements, still whatever you can do gradually is better.

Be sure you have enough magnesium in your diet. GABA and taurine are also natural membrane and nervous system stabilizers and may lower epi.

If you are an unbalanced methylator (meaning you are generally low, but high in some places), then your NET transporter gene may be turned off and too much epi stays in your blood stream and isn't doing its work in the cell membrane. Hypomethylators usually need folate, B12, B6 and/or betaine.

Vit D sensitizes epi receptors so your body needs less epi to do the work if you have enough D in your system. If you stay indoors because of sensitivity to heat with POTS, then maybe you need to take some D.

There must be more so maybe others can chime in.

Old Lady lighthead:

Are you saying specifically vitamin b6 can help you to feel better. I had a dr tell me to take 100 mgs of b6 a day to help my carpal tunnel, but after 10 days taking it I had to stop, b/c it made me feel absolutely horrible. Do you know what that means?

Maybe I was jus taking TOO much for my body, seeing as my multi has a 100% of the daily recommended value.

I'm confused

MAdeline

Guest tearose

If only I knew how not to create EPI!

I know tons of ways to create it.

I can only TRY to avoid making it. But even on a good, compressed, high fluid day, give me one big stressor, (like a presentation before a group) and I'm dumping norepinepherine into my veins without a way to stop! ;)

B6 was a key for me. I was shocked to learn that my homocysteine was high when I got my labwork after my first tachy episodes. I always knew about B12 and folate and homocysteine and I was careful to get enough of these (being a veggie). So I read on about homocysteine and learned the B6 connection in some people.

Then I learned that when B6 is low, epi and norepi go up.

Then someone posted here about new research on hypermethylated NET transporter genes in some POTS sufferers. I know methylation and homocysteine problems are pretty much the same thing and involve the same nutrients. Hypermethylation is usually not something you are born with and can be corrected with the right nutrients.

There are different forms of B6 and many people need pyridoxal-5-phosphate (called also P5P) which is easier for the body to use and should be available at health food stores. Maybe that was your problem, or maybe your problem was not a B6 problem.

As soon as I started B6, my homocysteine went to normal within a couple of weeks.

OLL

A friend sent me an article in Prevention stating that a high carb diet lowers epinephrine in the body, so I switched to this diet about five or six years ago. I have given it up as it has caused other health problems for me (low bone density possibly), but I do think I am better with lower carbs, even though I am always swimming in epi.

Elegiamore