Gastric Emptying Study...done!

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would let you all know I made it through the Gastric Emptying Study...barely..I had a very hard time eating the egg sandwich because I was soo nauseaus...I finally did it...My test was only two hours so I'm hoping it's accurate; I know I have seen posts about the 2 hour not being as accurate as the 4 hour..Anyhow, just thought I'd let you guys know that I got that obstacle out of the way.

Jacquie

So glad you were able to get your GES completed, I hope it will give you some answers and lead to effective treatments!

In regards to the 2 hour study, my GI doc said that if you have an apparent slow emptying time for the 2 hour then you will have delayed emptying on the four hour ( I asked him this question when mine came back...I only emptied 26% after 120 minutes)...he said you just have to be aware that the 2 hour study may not pick up everyone who delyaed if it is not severe.

Good luck, I will be thinking about you!

Sheridan

Guest tearose

Glad it is over for you Jacquie.

Looking forward to hearing that a fix is determined for you and that you will feel better soon.

best regards, tearose

Guest tearose

Did you get final results?

BTW, were you more symptomatic at the time of the test?

I posted elsewhere that I was told my delay gastric emptying study was fine but with the recent delay shown on my endoscopy, they are calling my gastroparesis episodic. My delay gastric emptying study was a 24 hour study. They took pictures at 1, 2, 4, 6, 10 and 24 hours. I am curious if it came back fine because I have made modifications since the original dx.

tearose

Hi Guys,

I have not gotten any results back yet. I have a follow up apptmt with my GI doc next Friday so hopefully I get the results then. I was very nauseas that day of the test, I could barely eat that horrible egg sandwich!

Thanks for asking, I'll keep you guys updated,

Jacquie