Update On Poohbear

Sophia3

my prayers have been, are and will continue to be with my dear pooh. i've been checking in on how she's been doing even though i hadn't been up to posting yet. glad to hear that she may be getting at least a smigen (sp?) of relief relative to the past few days at least. but i really wish she hadn't had to replace me as the current MIA DINET member stuck in the hospital.

B) melissa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture is GORGEOUS.

My dad would so love a print of that....is it available (sorry, off topic)...gotta think of something for his 65th (yikes!).

Yes, I agree with Sunfish...so sorry we have had to go from one MIA member to another. 2007 is starting off too rough for too many folks...

Pooh............We're still here, singing your song for you when you feel that you cannot sing it yourself.

Sohpia......mucho thanks for being our 'updater'....

Em

hi pooh,

hope you are doing a bit better today! sending all my best to you,

corina B)

oh and btw what does MIA mean, i've been thinking about it but couldn't find out. and then emily came with "smidgen" now i am totally confused. someone out there able to explain to me???

(ohhhh i LOVE language!!!!!!!)

corina,

you always make me smile...

you know, i think we taught you MIA before, but your POTS brain got you on that one! :D i really had to tease you!

as for smidgen...it like saying 'tiny bit' or 'little bit' or 'teeny bit.' like, melissa was saying pooh was feeling a smidgen better--so not much better but a little tiny bit better. does that make sense?

btw, in your profile, i remember that exact post that melanie quoted and how much it made me smiel at the time. it made me smile again to read it in your profile, b/c it so captures your joyful spirit.

love, em

Okay, so this is off-topic, but hopefully Pooh you will at least get a smile, b/c Corina never fails to make me smile.

Corina...in America we have something called Tupperware (do you have it too?)--mostly famous for their plasticware for storing foods and such and also microwavable containers.

Anyways, they have a type of Tupperware that is very, very small (I put my probiotics in them) and they are called.....SMIDGETS!!!! Isn't that so cute! So now, every time I use a smidget I'll think of you!

Em

Ok...Poohbear is STILL STRUGGLING and not able to access websites with dial up from the hospital.

After three surgical procedures, she has had many, many complications.

But she HOPES to go home Saturday night!! She is still very weak, and after 3 weeks in the hospital is a bit nervous about being by herself at home as her few friends from her recent move, are OUT of town.

So PLEASE, keep the prayers and good thoughts directed at her as this is still a long road for her.

All her church friends and her other friends are out of town...I just said that earlier.... Some WAY out of town, like to New Zealand.

Sadly, her release can not wait for friends to get home and she is tired of the hospital...so it's a tough choice....but she is trying to get something lined up.

But I would hope they will have her get up and down and walk up and around some to SEE how she is doing as syncope is a huge issue for her, even with the pacer and a wheelchair.

Send thoughts to positivity to her.

:)

Hey

I am sorry...I forgot to say she got home last week and soon after the POWER WENT OUT AT HER HOME&^%$#@!

Wheelchair was not charged up...electric pump for IV's not working, had just thrown out rotten food in her fridge and put in fresh food...sheesh...but she was ok.

I haven't spoken with her since that night. I had family in from seattle and am tired from the fun family get togethers. Last I heard, Pooh was struggling to adjust to home, the pain and not having somebody to help her 24/7.

And they messed up her surgery report and she has the stress of getting that handled out...so...keep her in your thoughts guys.

Sophia

• 2 weeks later...

warm wishes pooh!!! i hope you're doing okay. take it day by day and very easy, we're thinking of you!

corina :)

oh and this is for emily (and everyone else who likes to read!!!): of course we have tupperware over here!!! i have loads and loads of it. when we were in orlando (ages ago!!!) we came along the tupperware headquarters and i would have wanted to get out of the car and have a look, but my hubby made more speed and told nme that we already were too far and he couldn't think of a place where to turn! (i'm sure he hated the idea of getting dragged into tupperware stuff :blink::lol: )

Sorry...didn't mean to worry any of you!!!

Thanks for thinking of me and checking on me. I am having a really rough time and recovery has been filled with lots of complications. I'm being told that it will take months and months for me to recover from all that I've been through. Emotionally it's hard on me too....I was not ready to give up my dream of having children. I really did not have a choice; we had to do the hysterectomy because I had severe anemia and uncontrolled bleeding. I still have severe anemia but hopefully we can attempt to correct it now. I'm still on IV fluids and occasional nutrition by IV (we tried to cut back but it didn't work so this week we had to go back to a daily routine). I have home health nurses in and out all the time, Occupational therapy, physical therapy (although we're limited because I can't do much for another month until ligaments heal). It is good because I need all this but it's draining and a full time job.

We had multiple issues to deal with while I was in the hospital and EVERYTHING we did had complications. I had several rare complications, ended up having three major surgeries (requiring general anaesthesia) and two other minor surgical procedures within two weeks time. In addition to tests, blood transfusions etc.

Since I've been home I've had several more complications and major frustrations with what appears to have been a very incompetent and arrogant surgeon. I DID have one WONDERFUL surgeon who kept me alive so I have to give kudos to him (uh....Corina...have you heard of "kudos" yet?)

Em, I love the smidgets! I didn't know that's what they were called. I have a couple of those also and they are great for meds.

Corina, I've been to the tupperware headquarters in Orlando too but I don't remember seeing much actual tupperware when I was there. It was mostly offices and they had a huge auditorium (I was there for a marching band competition....many years ago though so it may be different now).

Thanks to all of you for your supportive thoughts and well wishes. I'm lurking but not able to post much.