Can't Fix Ice Cold Feet

Pianist

I've had the flu for 6 days now. Fever broke 3 days ago. Even though the rest of my body is fine, I can't get my feet to not be cold no matter what I do. Normally they get cold very easily. But today no matter what I do they are ice cold and sore.. anybody have this happen or know what to do? Anyone think it's serious?

(Age:35. I have something that appears to be a lifelong problem with circulation/dehydration/blood volume that has gradually gotten worse over the years and has recently started causing serious problems. Started desmopressin 3 months ago. Initially fixed everything. Everything is coming back. This is my first cold/flu on desmopressin)

Guest tearose

When I am chilled like that:

"smartwool" socks and a heating pad on my feet, chenille gloves on my hands and a plush fleecy cozy hat on my head. Stay under the covers and when you can push very hot liquids.

I always have more serious symptoms in my hands and feet when sick, the hat warms up my whole body.

feel better soon dear,

tearose

A nice long hot bath is the only thing that warms up my hands and feet when they get really cold. Sometimes I take a hot bath just to get warmed up. I have fallen asleep in the bath before! I periodically add more hot water because I stay in there for an hour sometimes. Be careful when you stand up to get out of the tub though.

Karyn

I use aromatherapy slippers which have a microwavable insert. Just pop them in for a minute and instant heat to your feet. Cold feet are common for many of us. However, if this is a new symptom, you may want to touch base with the dr. You also may be more dehydrated than normal with the flu.

I do those thermacare warmer thingys. They're meant to go on your back and stuff, but they'll wrap around your feet too. I like them because they stick to your feet and you can put socks over them- if you're careful, you can even walk around like that. So you're not as confined as with a regular heating pad.

Cold feet and hands are a big problem for lots of folks. If you do a search for 'cold feet' I bet you'll find a plethora of remedies! :)

I'm the cosysole advocate here. I love them. www.cosysoles.com

Couldn't do without them!

They are expensive, but in the long run, more environmental and also probably cheaper than using lots of thermacares. Although, I DO love thermacares for my neck and menstrual pain.

Em

Hi,

My feet are always freezing...I wear 2 or 3 pair or socks at a time...sometimes works, sometimes doesnt.

Jacquie