Doctors In Cleve. Oh

P SUDIK

Hi this Pat in mentor, oh. 59 year old woman with pots,am interested to know of any doctors, any of you recommend in Cleve. Ohio or eastern suburbs? I have seen Dr. Fouad at Cleve. Clinic.

She dx me with pots.but anthing she tried did not work. It has been 4 yrs that I have pots,dx for only 3 yrs.

Also interested in knowing if there are many people over 40 with pots, I seem to be the oldestwoman!

I am also very interested to know ,if anyone knows how they got pots? I got pots after an extensive lower

back surgery and an infectin in the surgery site.I also have gastoparisis,urinary incontinence all since the surgery.I was healthy before surg. Love to hear from you.You can E-mail at pat-s310@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Pat

Pat, you're definitely not the oldest--I have you beaten by a few years. Also, my friend Lloyd is...well...older, I'm guessing here that he's pushing 70 now and still ticking despite POTS.

Nina

Hi Pat,

Dr. Chelimsky at University Hospitals is very good. He is a neurologist and I have been seeing him for almost a year. I went to Dr. Fouad but thought they were way to busy and it seemed like they didn't really manage the syndrome as well as they diagnosed it. Dr. Chelimsky has a great personality and is very easy to talk with.

Hi Pat,

No your not the oldest, I am 44 and I was diagnosed Last year with POTS by Dr. Fouad also. Right now they think I got pots after a virus in Dec of 2004, and that virsus was possibly LYME disease. I see Dr. Grubb in Toldedo once every 6 months now, and Bev his NP on the other 6 month appt, thats 2x per year unless I have a problem that they can't help with over the phone. I can tell you Dr. Fouad is excellent with diagnosing and testing, the best says Dr. Grubb, but she is not their for the long run. When I went to see Dr. Grubb he changed my entire treatment plan, and it has made a difference for me. Dr. Chelimsky at University Hospitals is also reccommended by many, I haven't seen him because he is not on my insurance plan, if he was I would try to.

Kim