Wake Up Tired, Anyone?, Everyone?

runningshoe

O goodness yes! I've had POTS for 9 years and can't rememebr ever waking up feeling awake ;) I have to talk myslef out of bed in the am, and most days it takes almost a half anhour if not 45 mintues :(

Actually this morning I had a water squirter next to my bed and sprayed myself in the face, surprsingly woke me up :) I'm planning on trying it again tomorrow!!

Any tips on getting up on the AM would help

take care

Madeline

oH, Yes!

I have this feeling too. I have to wake up at 7 am but it is impossible and I always have to put my clock at 6 because it takes me nearly 60 minutes to awaken and get up. I usually promise myself to sleep a little in the afternoon...

I have breakfast feeling tired and it takes a couple of hours at work to recover and feel completely awaken.

I am feeling good in the afternoons and it turns all over again at around 9.30-10 pm, when I am exhausted, tired and want to sleep...

Weekends are not very helpful, because I cannot keep for too long in bed (otherwise I start having headache, nauseas, dizzy, etc.)...

What an excellent idea, Madeline! But congratulations for being able to spray yourself! Knowing the effect, I do not think I would do it :P

Love,

Tessa

Lina,

Yes, I wake up tired all the time. I haven't had a day in almost 5 years that I haven't felt tired all day long. It doesn't matter if I get 8 hours of sleep or 12 hours of sleep. I am always tired and always weak. Many mornings I wake up at 10am or after, but can't actually get out of bed right away because I'm too weak. It takes my body a while to "wake up" I guess.

My best time of day is the afternoon. I'm neither a morning person nor a night person!

I have noticed that if I do too much one day that I pay for it the next day with extra weakness and fatigue. Of course, the definition of "too much" has changed over the years. What used to be a bad day, is now a good day.

I hope that answers your questions. And I hope you sleep well tonight and start to feel better soon.

Rachel

Yes, I never could wake up well... even as a child before the POTS demon. I am so NOT a morning person. Now, I am always dragging in the mornings. I cannot remember the year that I last felt not tired in the morning. If I don't take melatonin at bedtime, I have started to wake up after each dream. That's what it seems like anyway.

Karyn

Lina,

Yes, I wake up tired all the time. I haven't had a day in almost 5 years that I haven't felt tired all day long. It doesn't matter if I get 8 hours of sleep or 12 hours of sleep. I am always tired and always weak. Many mornings I wake up at 10am or after, but can't actually get out of bed right away because I'm too weak. It takes my body a while to "wake up" I guess.

My best time of day is the afternoon. I'm neither a morning person nor a night person!

I have noticed that if I do too much one day that I pay for it the next day with extra weakness and fatigue. Of course, the definition of "too much" has changed over the years. What used to be a bad day, is now a good day.

I hope that answers your questions. And I hope you sleep well tonight and start to feel better soon.

Rachel

Hi Rachel, I know exactly what you mean about a bad day now being good.

Lina,

Rachel

Hi Rachel, I know exactly what you mean about a bad day now being good.

My normal everyday bad is now fairly good day. I think only a potsy

The exhaustion/non refreshed after sleep is a common symptom with POTS and related disorders. You might want to scan through the main DINET site under the symptoms section.

http://www.dinet.org/symptoms.htm

Nina

I *always* wake up exhausted. Unless I take a double dose of Cymbalta which makes e go manic- and I *mean* manic, as in wake up at430 am unable to sit still or stop talking/thinking moving. It my sound good, but it makes me pretty unwell.

Anyhow, back to the topic in hand- yep, I find it absolutely impossible to get up bright and early I always used to be up and about for 8-8.30am. Now I'm forcing myself out of bed for 10. And I mean FORCING. I think a lot of it has to do with the winter for me- I have anew lightbox which helps a bit but I find the darker, shorter days make me even more exhausted.

I think mood can have a lot to do with it too, although now, unlike last year, when I open my curtains in the morning. I feel excited about what the day will bring rather than scared and anxious about where I'm gonna faint next!

The water spray is brilliant. I should do that, but I expect I'd still just curl up into a wee ball!