Melissa Update, Part 5, Thurs Jan 25

DancingLight

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see some of you are checking in for an update! So here goes real quick before I head for a nap!

Melissa called just for a couple of minutes yesterday to give me an update. She literally calls and says: "I called to give you an update." It's so cute.

Anyways, she IS home and in her own bed. I think she is glad to be home. But, it's going to be a real challenge to manage doing all the meds, TPN, etc. on her own. Even toileting and such are an incredible challenge. They did call in a home care nurse the day she got home b/c she was too sick to do stuff on her own at all.

She said the transport people were awesome (and one of the women even has NCS (under control of course! she wasn't transporting Melissa with risk of passing out!).

Anyways, Melissa has a G and a J tube and yesterday when she called she was in AWFUL pain. Her whole abdomen was sore and every move hurt. She was going to get some pain meds and maybe even some morphine.

Her throat is feeling MUCH better without the nose tube, so she should be back to chattering soon! :)

Okay, later alligators! That's the latest news feed I have.

I don't expect to hear much from her over the next few days as I think she will be exhausted just trying to manage at home and recover from the transport, the tube insertions, etc.

Poor Czar, her kitty, wants to keep her company, but he likes to lie on her belly!!!!!!! He must be so confused!

Emily

P.S. If you have emailed me personally about Melissa and I haven't gotten back to you, I am sorry. I am doing my best to keep up. Please bear with me, as I am quite compromised myself physically! Thanks! You've all been AMAZING! And it's been fun to get to know so many more of you.

P.S.S. Lois...how are you? I see you popping up here and there and have missed you...

Emily

wow melissa I so so glad that you are finally home and in your own bed.. I bet that is a wonderful feeling.. and you kitty must be loving that you are home too!!

I hope that you get pain relief soon from those G and J tubes..... and that you continue to heal and get better

lots of love and hugs

dizzygirl :)

Emily, thanks for letting us know how Melissa is doing. We keep you quite busy, huh? Make sure you get rest too!

Melissa,

Thanks for passing on updates to Emily so that she can pass them on to us! I'm glad to hear you are home and in your own bed. Rest and recover. We miss you here on the forum, but we aren't going anywhere. We'll still be here when you're up to "stopping in."

Take care,

Rachel

Melissa,

Hello! I'm SO glad to hear that you are at home in your own bed today. I'll definitely continue to pray for you.

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Lisa

Guest tearose

Melissa! Hooray for one step!

I've been clicking my ruby shoes together for YOU from here in OZ saying "there is no place like home".

May you find peace and comfort with your family and keep healing.

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you're finally home after a spell away to put your little head on your own pillow!

take care,

tearose

I was a mouse on a mission... to find a photo of a cat sleeping on the belly of a fish... well, I couldn't find that, but I came awfully close with a cat sleeping IN the belly of a fish :)

Melissa, hope you get to see these photos soon because I'm sure you could use the giggles. :) Love, Nina

fish-beds-cat.jpg

Melissa,

I am still thinking of you constantly and praying for you. I'm so glad you are in your own bed at home.

We are all encouraged by your perseverance!

Lisa

Hi Melissa, My name is Liz and I am new to the forum but I just wanted to pass on my thoughts and prayers for you and hope you get the help and support you need to aid your recovery.

Take care, love and hugs to you.

love LizBxx