Urination And Tachy

Jacquie802

Just curious if anyone else noticed that their heartrate goes way up when they have to pee...Once I urinate my heart is still tachy but not as high....

sympathetic activation is stimulated in everyone, not just pots patients, when the urge to urinate is there - especially if you are trying to "hold it" - lol. there are stretch receptors in the bladder that send a signal to the brain that tells you you have to urinate, this also activates sympathetic response. these receptors increase their signals faster and stronger the longer you go without emptying your bladder, which in turn increases sympathetic responses even more, which in turn increase heart rate even more....

While we are on the subject: Has anyone else found that since having pots that the warning time has gone from 20 minutes to 2 seconds? Its not incontinence, it is that the brain signals are just not there until it is time to really run! I have to wear depends, for heaven's sake!

Cardiactec: that was a great explanation! Thank you so much!!