I'm Going Back To Work

Sue

Well its been two years now since my really bad bout with NCS, and after being hospitalized and bedridden I told myself one day I was leaving this house to be half way normal again!!

My girlfriend owns a small chain of hair salons, and has one about 1/2 mile from our house. She called the other day and asked if I thought I would like to work part time with her. I'll be doing her payroll bi weekly and accounts rec/payable. I'll be in small office with just her, and I have another girlfriend that works there as well. They both know and understand whats wrong with me, and are a big part of my support system.

My husband and I discussed this off and on for a couple of days, I kept changing my mind (am sure my nerves), but my daughter Kelly finally just said Mom, go for it!! She's your friend, so at least your safe!!

If you can't handle it, she'll totally understand.

So Tuesday I went in for a couple of hours and did great!! My brain was even functional!! I really thought I had forgotten quite a bit but it slowly came back and my friend Angela was more than patient with me.

So we'll see. It was great to get out of the house and doing something for myself. Dr. Grubb will be so impressed!! Now if I could just lose 40 pounds!! :lol:

((Hugs))

Sue

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to attempt work again. People know you and understand, close to home and part time, sounds like you can move around as needed. I am sure it must feel wonderful to be in a social setting outside the home. I am pretty tired or talking to the TV-lol

Best of luck to you-

congratulations sue!!! i am VERY proud of you!

katherine is right: overcoming fears is a big part of this process. and even if it wouldn't work out in the end (which of course i hope won't happen), at least you had the guts to TRY!!!!!!!

corina :lol:

oh and forget about the pounds, you are a HERO already!!!!!!

that is fantastic sue!! its great that you are in a supportive working enviroment too,... im sure that will help you alot :( CONGRATS!

Hi everyone So far so good :blink: !!

I'm working just a couple of hours a day, a few days a week, working on her books, mostly payroll and a little accounts rec/pay. The office is in the back of the shoppe, so I'm not there amongst all the activity

(Its a very busy shoppe, she does a lot of work with cancer patients, adults and children, as well as her usual daily business)

So my friend is very patient, everything is clicking, my brain is still working!! AMEN!!

and I can't wait to get my check!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Thanks you guys for always caring!!

(Hugs)

Sue

I made it through the first week!!! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

I am impressed with myself, but not taking anything for granted!! I know how things can come crashing down when you least expect it. :) Yesterday I was there for almost 6 hours, but only working about 4, she is still training me and I am amazed at the business she runs...

Her staff is just like one big family, of course there are alot of issues but in the end they seem to really be there for each other.

Tomorrow she has a group of staff going down to childrens hospital (in detroit),to the cancer ward, half are doing makeovers with parents, more like pampering and the other half are working with the kids, decorating caps that have attached ponies for the girls and without for the boys. She is amazing!!

She also does a fashion show in the fall, another fundraiser, her models are all cancer patients from the hospital. If she'll let me I'll post some pictures...

I've known Angela my whole life, but had no idea what she did with her business. as impressed I am with myself, I am more impressed with my friend.

Have a great day everyone,

((Hugs))

Sue

Guest tearose

You sound so good and happy Sue!!! :):):)

What a wonderful turn of events! I hope it is only the start of a many good things!

You are doing MATH!!! Wow. I can't imagine the attention to detail that takes.

And you are working in a caring environment!

This is great, you made it thorough your first week.

Hmmm, a first paycheck!!!

What a great feeling.

treat yourself to something very special!

best regards, tearose