Supine Problems

Guest veryblue

Guest veryblue

I need to vent and ask a few questions here. I went to yet another neuro the other day...one that was well versed in what POTS was/treats it. At the end of the appointment she says...you look fine, strong, healthy and have a normal nervous system. (Part of this has to do with the fact that I can never fail a tilt table test!) The only thing that was weird was my BP. I had a sitting/supine BP of 120/80...normal right...then I stood up and 120/100! This freaked me out and I thought I was going to have a stroke. She didnt see a problem with this and told me its most likely due to an electrical problem with my heart. (I searched the web for this and found out that a high diastolic number with a normal systolic number could mean that the body is trying to push blood back to the brain) Well thats another neuro down probably 100 more to go! Everyone tells me the same thing! It's your heart! I'm begining to wonder if it is just my heart as well. I have symptoms laying down as well as standing. Nothing really relieves them. My heart pounds away at around 100 when supine, and my BP will be really low laying sometimes too and I will get dizzy standing will make it worse sometimes but its still present to some degree anytime. What can I do...salt dosent help...my beta blockers make it worse, fluids are a joke! What do I do? Should I listen to my docs...do any of you have symptoms laying down as well? Oh I tried to get into Mayo but they dont think my problem sounds neurological so they turned me down! This really *****!!

I believe you've asked this question before--symptoms while lying down can be an electrical problem with the heart.

http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=545

Nina

If doctors that are well versed in dysautonomia are telling you they don't think you have it, then you might not. If you think you have a heart problem you might find more people with similar symptoms on a forum that focuses on heart issues. As we have mentioned in your previous posts, some people with dysautonomia do have symptoms while lying down, but everything seems to be exacerbated by standing.

Michelle