Strange Leg Sensations In The Morning?

cardiactec

Do any of you get strange leg sensations in the morning, after you get up out of bed?

for me, after i get out of bed and for about three - four hours after, i have an intense sensation in my legs. it is strange and feels almost like a "Rushing" or flushed sensation, almost like someone pouring warm water into/down my legs. it is a thousand times worse if i just stay still while standing. as the day goes on, the feeling lessens and becomes almost like a "full" feeling or an ache.

Hi, cardiatec:

That sounds a lot like restless leg syndrome. I get that all the time at night as I try to go to sleep, and it's awful. The only solution for me is to get up and ride my exercycle for a few minutes, which then flares everything else the next day. But there's no sleeping until I can make the feeling go away.

Not sure if that is what is going on with you, but I'm sorry you're having leg symptoms. They really are the pits!

There is now help for RLS. My sleep doctor did an iron panel on me and wants my serum ferritin above 60 - 70. Low iron contributes to RLS. They also have medication if supplemental iron is not helping.

If your doctor prescribes supplemental iron, you need to be monitored via bloodwork every 3 - 4 months or more if you are told.

There's no need to suffer if you can be helped.

i'm with you on this one OLL. it's not a restless leg thing i dont think. i dont have problems with sleep disturbances or feeling "antsy" when just sitting down or lying down trying to go to sleep. this definitely feels like blood rushing in to the legs........and yes OLL, the sensation gets better throughout the day, but definitely for the first few hours of the day, my legs definitely appear more red/blue than normal, especially if i am just standing, not really moving around........it's just such a discusting sensation really....my legs literally feel HUGE, but dont APPEAR huge, just muttled looking.